1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!! my audi A4 1.9 TDI awx 130 timing belt has ripped teath off and won't fire :(

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Chrissy a4, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Chrissy a4

Chrissy a4 audi a4 chrissy

Would apprietaite your help if you can very much! I am thinking of replacein in the top end only do you think it will be worth while? i have been told these engines arent likely for the bottom end to bhave gone with it!
  2. swarcup

swarcup Active Member

was the belt intact still, apart from ripping teeth off it. Has if deffo done the head in, it wont fire probably because its well out of timing.
  3. adamss24

adamss24 Active Member

Don't crank it anymore, you will bend the rest of the valves you have not bent already ! Take the rocker cover off and see how many lifters are broken- you will require to take the camshaft off first ! If no visible damage then get a new belt and time it acordingly then spin the engine by hand and make sure the marks align and you KNOW what you're doing !
  4. Chrissy a4

Chrissy a4 audi a4 chrissy

Thanks guys! yess the belt was still in tact just a few teeth missing i am going to have it looked at to see what the damage is! any recommendation's for tunining while its apart?
  5. 666markyboy

666markyboy Active Member

Do as Adam says...... you might be lucky, it's dosn't take much movement in the timing for these engines not to fire