1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with this noise (I am quite desperate...)

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by danilotto, Jul 9, 2014.

1. danilotto

danilotto Member

[Jul 9, 2014]
    Hi all,

This is a desperate scream of help, because I got totally pissed by a noise I cannot locate the root cause and Audi does not help. I must be honest, I am also thinking to sell my S3 after only 5000 km because this is driving me really crazy.

Every time I push the accelerator I hear from somewhere a faint rubbing noise, like a disk pad rubbing against the disk. It gains volume (but does not change the pitch) if I accelerate stronger and suddenly fades away if I release the gas. I had the perception this noise is more present when the car is warm.

It is not related to engine revving but it is constant during acceleration and it is not interrupted nor affected by gear shift. The noise is clearly audible also outside the car (i.e. passing beside a wall with the window open).

I am quite sure it is a transmission noise. Mine is S-Tronic.

I do not ask to troubleshoot this noise because I am perfectly aware it is impossible to clearly give an idea of noises without hearing them but I only ask if any S3 owner does notice such a noise from his car...

This is driving me crazy and I am not enjoying my new car because of this (yes, I am very sensitive to noises...) :(

Many thanks in advance.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. visionthing

visionthing Member

[Jul 11, 2014]
  4. danilotto

danilotto Member

[Jul 12, 2014]
    Nope thanks, it is different.

Now, taking note that nobody has this kind of noise, I will come back to Audi.
  5. Scotty2011

Scotty2011 Member

[Jul 12, 2014]
    stone stuck in the brake calliper?
  6. gtiller

gtiller Member

[Jul 12, 2014]
    Can you only hear it while the turbo is spooling? I have heard some weird noises coming from the turbo solenoid valve on dome cars.