Help me spend my money...

Yea yea yea...well done Jassy's son on the new job at BMW, but what about the S3 people...!

Unless he can get me a cheap M4...?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Yea yea yea...well done Jassy's son on the new job at BMW, but what about the S3 people...!

Unless he can get me a cheap M4...?
Anyone can get a cheap M4, that's the problem! You'll get an M4 cheaper than a basic TTRS

Anyone can get a cheap M4, that's the problem! You'll get an M4 cheaper than a basic TTRS

Ergo lies the problem with BMW....................not my cup of tea at all,but the new front wheel drive 1 series should be interesting

Ergo lies the problem with BMW....................not my cup of tea at all,but the new front wheel drive 1 series should be interesting
@jassyo06 - Like you I'm not a fan of BM's
BUT have you seen some of the deals on the BMW M240i coupe's
This one -

iu

I'm being offered around 20% discount on a new factory build. No doubt due to the FL 1 & 2 series appearing in September this year, but still crazy money for a cracking car

This one -

iu

I'm being offered around 20% discount on a new factory build. No doubt due to the FL 1 & 2 series appearing in September this year, but still crazy money for a cracking car

Rather keep my S3 mate than go BMW

Reactions: V6_Man, TDI-line, Tom.H and 2 others
This one -

iu

Another facelift l thought the 1/2 series just had one not long ago, l read some link on here the new 1/2series is coming out with front wheel drive?

Reactions: deanshaw24
Right, it is settled.

Swapping to a S3 in September...

Hatchback S-Tronic
Navarra Blue
Folding Mirrors

I was going back on forth about whether to get black edition or not, and while I prefer the gloss black styling, B&O and privacy glass, I just cant get on with the wheels...!

I think the chrome styling with the Navarra blue works well. This picture sold it for me.

audi-s3-S2525983-1.jpg

Managed 16% discount as a renewal customer, which beat the likes of Coast2Coast and Carwow, so pretty happy.

Anyone interested in a the S5 just give me a shout :)

Reactions: zee1, PanamaS3, Audi Bairn and 8 others
Right, it is settled.

Hatchback S-Tronic
Navarra Blue
Folding Mirrors

I was going back on forth about whether to get black edition or not, and while I prefer the gloss black styling, B&O and privacy glass, I just cant get on with the wheels...!

I think the chrome styling with the Navarra blue works well. This picture sold it for me.

audi-s3-S2525983-1.jpg

Managed 16% discount as a renewal customer, which beat the likes of Coast2Coast and Carwow, so pretty happy.

Good decision, I have a Nevarra hatch and most people I know comment how good the chrome works with the blue. Make sure you get it detailed, it doesn't stay looking shiny for too long, the colour is worth it though.

Attachments

• IMG_1168.JPG
    IMG_1168.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: PanamaS3, MikeSel^ and DrEskimo
Good decision, I have a Nevarra hatch and most people I know comment how good the chrome works with the blue. Make sure you get it detailed, it doesn't stay looking shiny for too long, the colour is worth it though.

Looks great, cheers for the pic :)

Yea I will actually do it this time...! I bought a bottle of Liquid Elements ECO-Shield, and planned to apply it to my S5, but never got the time!

There will be a strict instruction to the dealer not to touch it!

Reactions: V6_Man and TYb
Certainly looks a nice car - better than S5! Enjoy.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Certainly looks a nice car - better than S5! Enjoy.

How very dare you sir...how very dare you!

Still think my S5 is the cat's pyjamas, but the S3 is alright. Colour reminds me of Estoril Blue, which I have always loved.

Right, it is settled.

Hatchback S-Tronic
Navarra Blue
Folding Mirrors

audi-s3-S2525983-1.jpg

Car needs Privacy Glass. Congratulations mate and by the way awesome colour, September ain't far away at all

Car needs Privacy Glass. Congratulations mate and by the way awesome colour, September ain't far away at all
If the S5 is so much better why are you changing. I assume the S3 is more appropriate for where you live. The S5 is much more an 'open road' car than a city car.

If the S5 is so much better why are you changing. I assume the S3 is more appropriate for where you live. The S5 is much more an 'open road' car than a city car.
Dave yiv quoted my post now get yer **** together lol

Reactions: TDI-line, DrEskimo and Tom.H

Is the "renewal customer discount" a thing?
And is it inly if you are currently in a car from that dealer? I have brought 3 Audis from my dealer in the past, so might be worth me mentioning it to them.

As you say, smaller car just suits me better at the moment (Parking, etc.). Miss Eskimo will also use it, as she never went near 'the boat', so I know it will get more use as well.

I also don't like the look of the new S5, and wouldn't be able to get it on similar monthlies, so sort of forced me to look at the other options. S3 was the next best for me really!

Is the "renewal customer discount" a thing?
And is it inly if you are currently in a car from that dealer? I have brought 3 Audis from my dealer in the past, so might be worth me mentioning it to them.

I suppose so mate...!

The level of discount was very good, 16.8% I think.

Reactions: Bells

Yea I think so too, but other than rear sensors, I really don't see the other options as must haves. Folding mirrors are worth it for £200 for me, but I can live without the rest.

Thought about the 10spoke 18s at £450, privacy glass, advanced key, even the VC at £1395....in the end it was just dead money I could happily live without...

Not upgrading the Audi Sound System to B&O might be something I end up regretting...

Yea the car was already ordered and was able to be amended. Should be ready for collection at end of July, but makes sense to wait for new plates in September.

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
Right, it is settled.

Hatchback S-Tronic
Navarra Blue
Folding Mirrors

audi-s3-S2525983-1.jpg

@DrEskimo - Very nice mate ! Congrats

You know you are going to miss the supercharger tho' ;) :D

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DrEskimo
Yea I think so too, but other than rear sensors, I really don't see the other options as must haves. Folding mirrors are worth it for £200 for me, but I can live without the rest.

Thought about the 10spoke 18s at £450, privacy glass, advanced key, even the VC at £1395....in the end it was just dead money I could happily live without...

Not upgrading the Audi Sound System to B&O might be something I end up regretting...

Yea the car was already ordered and was able to be amended. Should be ready for collection at end of July, but makes sense to wait for new plates in September.
**** the advanced key and the fancy screensaver lol, folding wingers are a must, av heard the Audi system in a TT.... It's OK,Privacy would look great, as you no doubt will move on to something else in 30 months or so, and by September you'll be a real Mc Coy A3/S3 member lol

**** the advanced key and the fancy screensaver lol, folding wingers are a must, av heard the Audi system in a TT.... It's OK,Privacy would look great, as you no doubt will move on to something else in 30 months or so, and by September you'll be a real Mc Coy A3/S3 member lol

God help me....

@DrEskimo - Yeh, best of luck with that ... :sos: :help::sadlike: :busted cop:

Lol

It's alright. I'll channel the ghost of veeight and post threads like 'why supercharging is better than turbocharging', 'why Torsen is proper quattro' and 'I miss my V6'.

:lol:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
It's alright. I'll channel the ghost of veeight and post threads like 'why supercharging is better than turbocharging', 'why Torsen is proper quattro' and 'I miss my V6'.

:lol:
Good man :D

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DrEskimo
With pics like the Ones of this thread I don't regret ordering navarra at all!

You're a better man then I am, waiting till September! Mine should arrive this week, an it still feels like ages away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrEskimo and Jassyo06
I had the latest generation TT and thought the sound system was terrible, it's so tinny, no depth what so ever, I'd consider upgrading to B&O if you like your music.

I had the latest generation TT and thought the sound system was terrible, it's so tinny, no depth what so ever, I'd consider upgrading to B&O if you like your music.

Yeah l have heard the *** in the TT and it is pants, sounds better in the A3 though for some reason

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yeah l have heard the *** in the TT and it is pants, sounds better in the A3 though for some reason
That's good then, I was so disappointed I didn't upgrade it in the TT, with the wind noise through the pilar less windows and poor sound system I got really annoyed with it. Nice looking car though, definitely got more looks than the S3.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06

Urgh...don't make me spend more money!

Annoyingly the BE is literally about £5 more, which would give me both B&O and privacy glass.....

God damn those stupid wheels...!

With pics like the Ones of this thread I don't regret ordering navarra at all!

You're a better man then I am, waiting till September! Mine should arrive this week, an it still feels like ages away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helps having the S5...!

That's good then, I was so disappointed I didn't upgrade it in the TT, with the wind noise through the pilar less windows and poor sound system I got really annoyed with it. Nice looking car though, definitely got more looks than the S3.
Yeah my son had the TT roadster in Floret stunning looking car, l think l prefer the roadster over the coupe though not for a daily driver

Annoyingly the BE is literally about £5 more, which would give me both B&O and privacy glass.....

I like them wheels especially in the metal and when on the move they are stunning looking and you could be mistaken into thinking a black edition is a Rs3, yeah l know they've had bad press on here but l don't pay any attention to stuff like that lol

Expect it sounds better in an A3 'cos of the larger interior volume acting like a soundbox.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, TYb and Jassyo06

Aww sorry mate, sounds like the *** is better in the S3 than the TT. I do love the B&O though. I'm not a massive fan of the BE wheels either although from the right angle they look ok. Stick to your guns and budget, you'll still end up with a great car.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DrEskimo
I guess I could always get an aftermarket sub...!

Was just looking at the new comfort package that is now on the S3. It's possibly one of the most rip off packages I've seen...!

£795 and gets you B&O, heated seats, HH and space saver wheel.

Well you already get heated seats, and as far as I can tell, the space saver wheel??

B&O and HH separately are £495 & £75 respectively....

What am I missing...?

Reactions: Audi Bairn and V6_Man
Expect it sounds better in an A3 'cos of the larger interior volume acting like a soundbox.
Agreed, it just sounded tinny in the TT,
Yeah my son had the TT roadster in Floret stunning looking car, l think l prefer the roadster over the coupe though not for a daily driver
mine was the coupe, when I had it auto wasn't available and bristol traffic was testing my clutch foot.... Ended up in the S3 for the same money including the stronic. I see they have added stronic to the diesel TT options now though.

I guess I could always get an aftermarket sub...!

Was just looking at the new comfort package that is now on the S3. It's possibly one of the most rip off packages I've seen...!

£795 and gets you B&O, heated seats, HH and space saver wheel.

Well you already get heated seats, and as far as I can tell, the space saver wheel??

B&O and HH separately are £495 & £75 respectively....

What am I missing...?
Sounds like just trying to hide price increases. I've never checked if I have a spare, I should take a look really and check the oil...... Heated seats were standard when I ordered. You get sensors thrown in as well don't you? I didn't with mine

Agreed, it just sounded tinny in the TT,

mine was the coupe, when I had it auto wasn't available and bristol traffic was testing my clutch foot.... Ended up in the S3 for the same money including the stronic. I see they have added stronic to the diesel TT options now though.

His demo was the manual TDI aswell l loved driving it,but as you say not great for a lot of stop/start traffic

Reactions: TYb