Help me spend my money...

Not too bad considering the cost of a data sim only...

Ha not a fan then...? Never owned one, but I've been considering moving over for a while now.
Sent an email to my dealer about the Connect cost I'll let you know.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and DrEskimo
I have actually gone the other way. Leaving PCP to lease and don't think I will go back as long as my mileage remains low. Problem with a lease is you can't terminate early, you are in it for the whole 2 years unless you pay something like half the remaining payments. Realistically though if you try to get out of a 4 year PCP within the first 2 years you are going to get hammered on negative equity so I would argue it is no more flexible.

I have signed up for the below personal contract hire deal. It was arranged through a broker but is funded by Alphabet which is a BMW owned fleet management company.

Audi S3 Sportback S Tronic with daytona grey finish and privacy glass
2 years
8000 miles p.a
£990 initial payment followed by £330 per month for 23 months

Hoping to get it by mid October.

What is this, witchcraft?

The other half used to work for an EH main dealer, all they did with the WBAC guarantee is enter your car details into WBAC's website and add a fiver... Cheeky but I suppose they're still beating it!

That is cheeky. At least EH best my WBAC quote by £250. But a fivers better than nothing.

Reactions: Max-Robbo
Sent an email to my dealer about the Connect cost I'll let you know.
Got a reply that is not terribly useful...

"there is currently no charge to renew once the Connect service once it expires, this is because pricing is still being finalised. However, I would imagine this will change by the time your licence expires in 3 years."

Also confirmed the short cables to connect an iPhone or Android phone are included when you get the car.

Reactions: DrEskimo and Scottyg
Got a reply that is not terribly useful...

"there is currently no charge to renew once the Connect service once it expires, this is because pricing is still being finalised. However, I would imagine this will change by the time your licence expires in 3 years."

Also confirmed the short cables to connect an iPhone or Android phone are included when you get the car.

Not just unhelpful, but misleading! Is it going to take them 3 years to work it out then, because mine will run out in 3months!

So test drove one and looked at a Daytona Grey S-Line FL 3door and have a very good idea what it will look like and how they drive.

Have to say, the 1.4TFSI is a cracking engine! Not the slouch I was expecting coming from the S5 and the cabin was very nice place to be. Obviously doesn't turn heads like the S5 (and while an introvert, I must admit I do enjoy being a bit showy with the S5), but a nice looking car all the same.

My GF really doesn't seem that bothered and now I'm worried I'm making a rather big sacrifice and could just end up with a brand new A3 barely being driven, rather than my lovely S5 barely being driven....so now I'm thinking I will just keep it....

Cheers for all the insight and help guys :)

Will let you know if I change my mind again and post pics of my new A3....

Reactions: azibux1, Bristle Hound and SpeedyFrog
So test drove one and looked at a Daytona Grey S-Line FL 3door and have a very good idea what it will look like and how they drive.

Have to say, the 1.4TFSI is a cracking engine! Not the slouch I was expecting coming from the S5 and the cabin was very nice place to be. Obviously doesn't turn heads like the S5 (and while an introvert, I must admit I do enjoy being a bit showy with the S5), but a nice looking car all the same.

My GF really doesn't seem that bothered and now I'm worried I'm making a rather big sacrifice and could just end up with a brand new A3 barely being driven, rather than my lovely S5 barely being driven....so now I'm thinking I will just keep it....

You went round a big circle there mate! Love it :D
Enjoy your S5 some more ;-)

Reactions: DrEskimo and Jassyo06
You went round a big circle there mate! Love it :D
Enjoy your S5 some more ;-)

Ha yup! Got to see what the A3 was all about and its certainly gone up in my ranks as a very nice car! Even the 1.4TFSI. Would love to try an S3 to see what similar power output to an S5 is like in a car half the size!

I guess I'll enjoy more equity as I'm financing the car based on 10k per year, and I'll be doing about 500 :p

Can you adjust the finance to reflect changes like this and get lower monthlies?

EDIT: No you can only increase the mileage..not decrease...oh well, will be worth more at trade-in I guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Ha yup! Got to see what the A3 was all about and its certainly gone up in my ranks as a very nice car! Even the 1.4TFSI. Would love to try an S3 to see what similar power output to an S5 is like in a car half the size!

I guess I'll enjoy more equity as I'm financing the car based on 10k per year, and I'll be doing about 500 :p

Can you adjust the finance to reflect changes like this and get lower monthlies?
Worth calling the finance company. Never done that before. I'd guess it should be possible.

EDIT: No you can only increase the mileage..not decrease...oh well, will be worth more at trade-in I guess...

Can't believe ye wanna chuck in your S5 for a A3 mate?or is it,your just indeed of some retail therapy....think where will you be in a year from now that's what l did

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and SpeedyFrog
Can't believe ye wanna chuck in your S5 for a A3 mate?or is it,your just indeed of some retail therapy....think where will you be in a year from now that's what l did

Oh I never wanted to (and now I won't be..) but I was trying to do that really rare and peculiar thing that most passionate car folk seem to struggle with on a yearly basis....be rationale and sensible!

Thankfully I rediscovered my insanity....

Reactions: Simon L, S3-SS, pburv and 3 others
Oh I never wanted to (and now I won't be..) but I was trying to do that really rare and peculiar thing that most passionate car folk seem to struggle with on a yearly basis....be rationale and sensible!

Thankfully I rediscovered my insanity....

Yeah its a compulsion like no other.....l had it bad 3/4 months ago....its still lurking in the background,but l know that if i wait another 6-8 months l will have the car l really want with a monthly l can easily manage,l really like the S5...Jordan has a few special editions A5's, 3 in fact as demos and all look stunning especially the one he had in Sepang,its the best looking Audi so far,a classic in the making

Reactions: TDI-line, Simon L, pburv and 2 others
Yeah its a compulsion like no other.....l had it bad 3/4 months ago....its still lurking in the background,but l know that if i wait another 6-8 months l will have the car l really want with a monthly l can easily manage,l really like the S5...Jordan has a few special editions A5's, 3 in fact as demos and all look stunning especially the one he had in Sepang,its the best looking Audi so far,a classic in the making

Gotta agree with that. I do like the A/S3 Saloon and 3door hatch though. Sportback is the only one I've struggled with, but then I've never been a 5door fan....Saloon seems to be the exception!

So what you waiting for then...?

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Jassyo06

@DrEskimo - Ahh normal service resumes :thumbs up:
You know you were going to miss that 3 litre V6 supercharged lump, the quattro, the sepango bleu colour ... The list go's on lol

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Gotta agree with that. I do like the A/S3 Saloon and 3door hatch though. Sportback is the only one I've struggled with, but then I've never been a 5door fan....Saloon seems to be the exception!

So what you waiting for then...?

R....****** ....S...lol

Reactions: Simon L, SpeedyFrog and pburv
Reactions: Simon L, SpeedyFrog and pburv
@DrEskimo - This lease deal any good for you mate ?

Volkswagen Golf Hatchback 2.0 TSI R 5dr [Nav]
Metallic paint included

PCH 24 months

1+23 @ £276.74 / month incl. VAT
No initial deposit
6000 miles / year
£300 doc. fee's

http://www.21stcenturymotors.co.uk/p...r-nav-97859941

A bargain if you ask me :)

It's so cheap it really is hard to ignore...!

Going to keep my S5 until the end of my current deal me thinks. I might revisit the idea of leasing after then though...

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Thread revival....

Been looking about again and after enquiring about some used S3's, I got an offer from one dealer who has a nearly new FL S3 SB 4months old and 3k on the clock (S-Tronic, Mythos Black, Rear sensors and privacy glass), who is offering it to me on a used PCP at 5.9% APR.

£500 equity in my S5, £500 deposit from me and it will be £380pm over 3yrs....

GFV is £2k less than brand new, and his argument is I will see bigger equity at the end, as this S3 will be worth pretty similar to a new one, yet will be owing me less. Guess it makes sense...?

Pros - good deal cheaper than new. Best discount I could achieve on new with the same spec was £4500 (about 13%), this is over £7k cheaper.

Cons - Ex-demo car, could of been thrashed. I'm second owner and it has around 3k miles on it. Not all the options I want. Think I will miss folding mirrors and a B&O sound system.....

Thoughts?

Reactions: Audi Bairn
GFV is £2k less than brand new!!

Does this mean at the end of 3 years a brand new future value would be say 16k, yours will be 14k?? But your car will be worth pretty much the same as the new one??

I personally discounted ex demonstrators due to hearing of a few bad experiences with the way they are treated. Having said that you are more likely to hear of bad experiences than good.

I also opted for a new order due to the fact that I was picky in terms of my spec and colour choice. A few cars that were available at the time also worked out more expensive than buying new!

One bonus of a 4 month old car is that you still have the majority of the warranty in case the worst happens and something goes wrong with the car while you own it, plus there's always the option to extend with Audi if you decide to keep it longer than 3 years.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DrEskimo
Sounds good, but i too would miss the folding mirrors. ;)

Finance sounds pretty good for 3 years though.

Reactions: DrEskimo
GFV is £2k less than brand new!!

Does this mean at the end of 3 years a brand new future value would be say 16k, yours will be 14k?? But your car will be worth pretty much the same as the new one??

Yup, well actually £1500...

New GFV (36months 5k per year) = £19,826
Used GFV (36months 5k per year) = £18,263

Reactions: Audi Bairn
It will be so worth it Jassy in RS3... Eta..... Around March/April 2017

3a86d0067b86736f86efd33ad2a445ee_skeleton-memes-waiting-memesuper-skull-waiting-meme_625-625.jpeg

Reactions: MattSedg, Flying Scotsman, Audi Bairn and 2 others

Ha!!

The fun of digging up old threads...!

Just realised the S3 comes with Audi Sounds System as standard, so that's less of an issue...

Im sure I can fold in a mirror manually...hmmmm...tempted now....

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and TDI-line
I've only scan read this post...

If you do such short journeys and it won't be used much and limited to congested streets, an S3 would surely be lost?? Unable to use power etc..

I would be looking at old classic mercs etc...
Something a bit more fun, something classic with a big engine! Might not be your thing but... you never know

Personally I would never buy a car that is not to my spec. If there were items I would normally specify but were missing it would annoy me for the whole time I owned the car. Money is not everything.

I've only scan read this post...

If you do such short journeys and it won't be used much and limited to congested streets, an S3 would surely be lost?? Unable to use power etc..

I would be looking at old classic mercs etc...
Something a bit more fun, something classic with a big engine! Might not be your thing but... you never know

I'm afraid rationale arguments about getting sensible cars that suits my needs was lost long ago my friend. Particularly when I got my S5...!

In fact, an S3 could be seen as a very sensible alternative in comparison given the streets I have to try and park on...!

The idea is that Miss Eskimo might use it too, thereby increasing it's use a wee bit. Not much though as her journey is 14miles a day.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Audi Bairn and Tom.H
Personally I would never buy a car that is not to my spec. If there were items I would normally specify but were missing it would annoy me for the whole time I owned the car. Money is not everything.

Well you would say that given how you spec your cars...:p

Honestly the only thing it's missing is folding mirrors for me. Could look at retrofitting them and I would still be quite substantially quids in on this deal by my man maths.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Scottyg

Lol yeah admittedly l have lost a bit of love for cars in general at the moment but it may comeback, my son moving to BMW has taken the wind out of my RS3 sails as to speak, but l am content with keeping my S3 for another wee while and keep saving for that something special car

Reactions: MattSedg and TDI-line
@jassyo06 - ****** traitor ! :busted cop: lol
Oh & has he got an decent deals on a new BMW 335d x-drive saloon ? :whistle2: :D

Am truly gutted mate...but downgrading to BMW...He gets promotion to Sales Manger status plus a basic £60k salary,he hates BMW's...but he can return to Audi anytime he wants as there doors will always be open to him said the head of business

l just saw a new BMW 435I xDRIVE in grey Nah.....sorry there design language.....l just cant stomach

Reactions: MattSedg and TDI-line
Congrats to your son James. A good move in his career....now he will understand the trials and tribulations of being a sales manager. :whip:

Reactions: Jassyo06
Am truly gutted mate...but downgrading to BMW...He gets promotion to Sales Manger status plus a basic £60k salary,he hates BMW's...but he can return to Audi anytime he wants as there doors will always be open to him said the head of business

l just saw a new BMW 435I xDRIVE in grey Nah.....sorry there design language.....l just cant stomach

attachment.php

Reactions: Jassyo06