Help Me Decide!

kayemill

Reaction score
I am looking at a Solar Orange 2007 S3. It's got alot of extras like DVD Sat Nav Bucket Seats etc and only 15,000 miles on the clock. Is £18,490 a reasonable price?

I am worried because I will be changing from a 4Dr Cupra. I have two 5 year olds. Will the room in the back be enough and how hard is it for them to get in and out. They are using booster seats so they are in place 24/7 with the ISO fix.

I think the though of spending £18500 on a 3 year old car is also making me wary.

Looking for your opinions. Thanks

Hello, I don't think you can compare the S3 with the cupra, the price I think is ok but the audi has less room in the back.
The bucket seats and the only two doors don't help.

Last edited:
good spec mate.. it will certainly be more hassle than a 5 door.. the tilt slide function in the A3's is cack! mines broke i just leave it cause its broke three times!!

now ask me whether its worth the hassle... hell yeh!!

ahh but actually i just remembered... bucket seats are agro cause the dont tilt as much i think???

The buckets don't have easy entry and hey don't tilt as much.
This was the case when I got my car in 2007.

Really wouldn't recommend the 3dr with 2 kids. Get a 2.0T quattro Sportback and remap it instead. It should cost less in the first place so whack an S3 bodykit on it if you want the image

Thanks for the replies this ain't sounding too good.
Don't suppose anyone has a photo of the Bucket seats tilted?

how about something like this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01/postcode/b296tp/keywords/quattro?logcode=p

Deep Sea Blue 2.0T FSI 5dr Sport 2008/58 with just under 30k on the clock. even has DSG, auto lights/wipers and half leather. and at that age it'll have some warranty left. £17k.

this doesn't have LEDs, but neither did the car you were looking at. it's not Solar Orange, but that'll only help come resale time. No buckets, sadly, and no sat nav, but you could spend some of your £1.5k left over on RNS-E and a bodykit, and maybe add the LEDs next year if you have a bit of cash spare, or find a car without DSG if it's not a priority and use the money you save on those. all around i think it's a much better bet.

Dealer sent me phot of the gap when tilted. Not any good to me that.

Thanks for your advice. No S3 for me.

Jayemill won't you consider sportback? It's just the 3 door clashes with your situation so why not go the 5 door option?

In all honesty the S3 is a very very nice car and I would give it some more thought unless sportback is unacceptable.

car i just got was a 55-reg with 22k on the clock. i've had it 2 weeks and already put 2k on it

Yeah but that only limits him to S3s that are 1 and a half years old. Most have a lot of equipment so talking £££

I would also recommend getting a 2.0T sportback and remapping it. The car is cheaper to buy as has been around longer and there should be more examples (although when I got mine 2yrs ago struggled to find a quattro version that wasn't silver), its cheaper to insure to start with so getting it remapped shouldn't affect it that much.

Thanks for the replies.

After looking at a few more S3's and trying the kids getting in and out the back of them ( Non - Buckets ). We can live with it. Have now decided this is what I want. Still looking though, haven't seen the one for me yet. Hoping there will be some more on the market after Sep 1st. Yellow, Orange or Blue we like.

I have a 3dr S3 (no buckets) and a 9yr old and its no problem at all.
Often ferry her and her mates around and its absolutely fine.

Had the car for over 2 years and never felt like I needed a 5dr.
The missus complains though as its usually her that has to get out to let people in and out of the rear seats.

Dont let buckets put you off though, if the car has them, buy it and the bucket whores on here will p/x them in a heartbeat.

Good luck
Paul