Help me become a proud 1st time buyer/owner :D

Never pay or leave deposit (unless full refundable)
without a test drive and inspection in the metal!!!

Unless u confident enough u done enough research online etc on the specific car.
mot history checks, hpi check, ring dealers where car been serviced etc etc

Having said that, franchised dealers are relatively safe bets (hence u pay a premium).
all cars are inspected, most faults fixed before collection,
usually 12month mot and fully warranty even 30days money back!

though there are times when there are some right lemons from dealers!

friend bought a used toyota (manufacturer warranty expired) from toyota.
No tax 11months mot just been reduced
Whn we got there a couple was test driving it.
thy wanted the car and wanted toyota to pay for 6month tax at £125.
toyota wouldnt give, so couple left.

we liked it (and hearing thy wouldnt budge from £125 i didnt think we could negotiate anything,
or was the sales man lying abt the couple?

as it transpires we bought the car.
no discount, nor floor mats, nor extra fuel ,
nor metal keyrings nor road tax - but got a free touch pen (costing toyota £7).
the couple came back after supper and wanted the car and would pay tax themselves!
too late - we had reserved the car!

so if salesman was lying abt the couple (£125)
he wouldnt have told us this ....

Then again had a ford assistant manager kept going to speak
to his manager in his office (empty room?) THREE times before
they gave in gave me a free £400 warranty :)

All i am saying,
if it s the car u REALLY REALLY want - thn take a punt
(since u more desperate than the seller).

if its ALMOST ideal - then go with caution and
no point paying over odds or lose large amount of time/expenses
when u can still wait for a better car..

Anyway - if no one comes with ya to yorkshire give me a PM and i ll see if i am a about :)

cheers, was a good read. lol at the empty room xD yea seems like no one really wants to budge on price :p

just been on the phone with my bro inlaw chatting about it. some good discussion about options and thinking that one of the main reasons I'm apprehensive is that it's a massive chunk of monies to part with... biggest I've done to date and I have a worried personality, i.e. always thinking of worst case scenarios xD so I think that's holding me back from leaping forwards and throwing my cash at the dealership :D

also mentions a good thing I;m going to check with swansea audi in the morning that if I do buy this car I can honor the warranty with them. I would imagine so... I mean they are all audi.... but then some franchises might be a bit more fussy as it's a loss for them after not getting any money from the purchase :p so I'll do that first thing after a sleep on it and go from there. people are going in the morning to view it though which is putting quite a bit of pressure on my thinking.

I go through the same thing with any purchase really... just worrying about the "what ifs". did it with my tv, bits for the pc....everything xD

proble is getting the time to get up there really in decent time to have a test drive when im not going to be groggy... was thinking to driving/train and staying over night and driving the next day but been bit short notice and not had the time to really sort anything... so would have to be like next week... but it could be gone by then :( unless if I put a refundable deposit and they would hold it for next weekend to give me a bit more time.

possibly trading in the kia rio, it is my parents but my brother inlaw was thinking i could say i'll commit to buy with a deposit now if they can do it for 14500, or maybe a bit less (don;t want to be too pushy to start). then after agreeing that see what i can get trade in on the rio (but give the cash value to my parents). so i'm still paying the same really but giving less away if ya get me? :p that would be if I feel 100% after calls in the morning :)

Yes - no harm under offer.
Just dont be too cheeky with too low!
And leave an exit plan.

So if u are willing to walk away, then offer a cheeky £14k
Then walk if no agreement.

If u really want car, the offer £14k saying its a very long trip and
that it will cost u a lot of petrol and whole day trip,
Potential staying in a hotel.
Then become the desperate buyer and say £14.8 just to cover your expenses to travel to see car and subject to inspection/drive...

But that's me.
U go in as u feel comfortable...

officially the most indecisive person ever :p

though just phoned up asking swansea if they would be able to honor the warranty should I buiy this car and the long story short was "we don't know" :\ said they can;t guarantee it. I would first have to contact huddersfield about the problem and then they would have to contact swansea to discuss the repair/give the go ahead. :( waiting to hear back from H.field to get their opinion but that is a bit off putting if I could still be forced into taking the car back to base.....

Wots the link for the car again mate?If dealer warranty cant see why it matters wer u buy or even need authorisation from original seller dealer?!!!Unless this happens anyway - just we mere mortals are never told abt it...U official most undecisive?I in history and future "the" unluckiest living creature ever! Lol

ah well spoke to huddersfield and they said it was a load of bull basically and that it's an audi warranty and can be used at any official audi dealership... which is what I expected. Also said can do the same with the free servicing plan too. just got off the phone and talked a bit about finance and waiting to get an email with more details down in writing :)

so wondering with the bit extra because of finance does it justify the costs covering the servicing for 3 years.. (they also said with finance they would give a contribution to the deposit, think they said £350....wish they would add a zero to that haha!)

link:
Vehicle View - Audi A4 2.0 T FSI (211 PS) quattro S-Line - Huddersfield

you may have to click it and refresh the page if it comes up with "session timed out" or what ever.... :p

Yes - its from Audi.
so u can take car to ANY dealership in country!
if Swansea is that useless - i wouldnt take my car there.

nice!
private plate!
front/back sensors!

been out all day, well latest is i have some finance examples that my friend is going to go through with me but after some long thinking I might hold back as it is over my planned budget leaving me paying even more over with added insurance and such. what's the point of budgeting if ya just gunna break it xD

Yes mate - u stick to ur guns and don't stretch urself financially!

yea that's the thinking. think might call them back saying it's too much and gunna think about it... see if they come back with something (if the other interest has gone away that is :p )

how's your hunt? still same ol' ? :(

yea that's the thinking. think might call them back saying it's too much and gunna think about it... see if they come back with something (if the other interest has gone away that is :p )

how's your hunt? still same ol' ? :(

Thinking the same as u mate (financially).
Single parent and renting...
Maybe time to get back on property market...

So thinking leave the Audi idea for now :-(
Sell Skoda for deposit on house....

aww dude sorry to hear that :( yea parents have suggest to me why don't I put a deposit down on a flat/house instead xD can't drive a house! :p (unless do audi make campervans now?)

yea I mean my budget was 8k, then 13k, and then this car is almost 15k, after insurance and tax and getting the car home that's going to be more like 16k.... already 3k over budget where I wanted 13k to cover all the insurance and stuff too ideally...

seen a few more cars pop on the market but they are all again just shy of the 15k mark.... DROP IN PRICE DAMNIT! xD

mate keeps finding me some nice looking B7's (which are a dam sight cheaper) currently getting me details on one that's 5k :p ....dunno how I'd feel now getting the older gen after taking some convincing to get the b8 platform...

Nooooooooooo!
dont compromise - stik wth B8!!!!

or like me wait a couple years (after house purchase) and B8 cheaper then!! :)
and u got a house too :)

i wud like the B8 now - but i would struggle to keep afloat.
house prices going up too :-(
But if the right B8 came along - i might snap that up before i find house! :)

wait?!?!?!?!?! :p been waiting for so long already haha! B9 will be out then and I'd be in exactly the same boat as I am now (hopefully with more money thought :p )

yea if I went over budget by what they are asking things would be tight money wise, but under my budget leaves me some left overs then to save and add money to for servicing, tyres, re-maps, etc etc ;)

thing is there are loads of b7's out there for half of what I'm looking to spend xD but I'll probably just hold out a bit before making some rash decision about something. (why does that red car for £10.5k have to have so many miles! :p )

No u wouldn't be in the same point.
Well I am not.

If I came looking for one when the B9 comes out - then naturally a newer
car looks better and has more toys as standard.
But since I have looked now, its the B8 pre-FL I like - and will stick to.
I can afford a 2008, pushing it a 2010 nice one.
But in 2 years time I should be comfortably afford a 2010 one.

I don't think a B9 will be that cheap for a 2year old!

So, since now u have a reason not to spend your hard earned cash,
Then take your time until the right car with the right condition for the right price comes along..

In the meantime, have u made a cheeky offer to Huddersfield considering u not desperate now? :)

yea but by that time the pre-fl b8 will be 7 years old ;) already 5 years xD

yea think I'm going to start being more cheeky with places. going to phone huddersfield back up either tonight or tomorrow and say that finance and cash is too high and need to stick to my £13k max and see how fast they tell me to ****off :p

well I'd rather not wait 2 years haha! just gunna try and play it cool and make everyone away I'm not going a penny over and hope that lack of sales will maybe drive offers comming back towards me :)

gutted that I'm not going to have a new car for my drive up to telford for my weekend gaming :( hopefully might have one by mid sept so can still have it to go away to netherlands... if not then the trip will be posponed till spring I imagine.

Lol
A 2010 plate pre-FL is only 3year old.

So if I buy in summer of 2015 its only 5years old.
Pushing it 6 - and with B9 out - even cheaper! :)

Remember to stay polite.
U might offer cheeky price.
But if u stay nice and leave then your contact details -
Come end of month/quarter - and if still not sold - thy might 'just' might give in to u :)

hehe yea sorry i was thinking from the start of the generation, like mid 2008 or when ever xD so the tech is based on 7 year old, but the car may be 5 years old (10 plate in 2 years)

yea I've been nothing but polite so far so I'll stay like that, maybe a pity story along with my offer then see if they cave/come crawling back.....lol yea right xD hehehe where's a puppy with giant puppy dog eyes when you need it!!! I'm just gunna keep lurking daily and then just pounce on anything that comes along.

maybe I should work out a game play for every sales pitch, like only so so much interest... then more and desperate, then back of and offer... then they sell me car... or something :p

I walked away from many car deals - but no one ever rings me back!
But I hear many ppl that they do!

But usually I do get what I want on the spot - after many toing-froing.

The last time I took a friend for the 1st time to bug my Skoda.
He was good - never seen a calculator being thrown back and forth so many times! Lol

hey hey! nah not yet, think I missed a call off them yesterday but been pretty busy so not had chance to call them yet. :p

Yea I'm the same... usually when I go to buy something I do all my research before hand and then to go in and get it. I know what I like.... but usally doesn't amount to over £10K.... so slightly less impulsive about letting my cash go (where as with PC parts I'm just like.... oh new SSD for £150.... well my drive did just break.... new stuff!!!! :D hahaha )

nothing realyl changed market wise.... think there's a few more around the £15k mark now.... which is good as they are slowly coming down :p next to nothing in the auto market :( but still... mostly out of my budget figure, excpet for that moon mile red one with 110k miles for £10.5k ...... if only it had half the milage!!!! then the price would probably be £15k hahaha xD

Cheers for checking out the auto s too :)

i do like my IFs too...

if i won the euro million eh? :) .. ...

yep, so many Ifs :p yea the auto scene is even fewer and further between :( had a look at some B7s last night...they are nice, but after chasing the B8...I dunno if would be 100% happy going back as it does look a bit dated when compared.....:\

well euromillions/uk millionaires was what I was hoping... spent £10 on 5 tickets a little while back when it was like 140million. I won £2.45 or something and no where near the raffle numbers xD so not played since (mostly as jackpot has been low and I've kept forgetting haha). buy a cheeky scratch card every now and then but only ever get wins of <£20 :( where's my 100k+?!?!?! :p (and not mileage ;) )

Only one B8 at BCA auction today - not worth going then :-(

4A9270F0-3A9D-45C1-BE86-4F4065877EC0-790-00000217CCB0C573_zpsa3e0983a.jpg

0F994F01-DCF5-4C37-A629-C1B31D75CCDF-790-00000217C6EC1622_zps01a22575.jpg

ay that one ain't too bad though! got the Nav and parking so should have the MMI. Could pick it up dirt cheap! is it auto/manual?

bah just googled it and ya gotta sign in to search and stuff... pfff :p maybe later

ay that one ain't too bad though! got the Nav and parking so should have the MMI. Could pick it up dirt cheap! is it auto/manual?

bah just googled it and ya gotta sign in to search and stuff... pfff :p maybe later

its FREE registration mate!

found something in budget ;)

That mileage xD only and SE too :p

price is good though xD hahahah!

Audi A4 2.0T FSI Quattro SE 4dr Saloon 2009

thats a big gamble mate!
There will be many expensive items due for replacement at that mileage.

but many pluses:
1. One owner
2. Hopefully a rep car motorway miles
(not taxi - eeeek)
3. Full Audi service - so all serviceable components changed at correct times/mileage
4. Interesting to know if the last service was major/full - else it will cost ya
5. And if the chain cam still good at that mileage

just my 2pence
hopefully someoneelse with more experience/info will advise better...

oh, lol yea it was more of a sarcastic post xD just as I did a search and it popped up.

does have a few positives like you pointed out... but yea... would be too much of a gamble and I wouldn't be happy as it's SE :p

oh, lol yea it was more of a sarcastic post xD just as I did a search and it popped up.

does have a few positives like you pointed out... but yea... would be too much of a gamble and I wouldn't be happy as it's SE :p

U
u
oh u hustler!

Lol

haha yea sorry xD at first I was like.... MOTHER OF GOD.... COULD IT BE?!.... but then after looking at it for more than a microsecond I realised the spec and figures..... xD

oh well.....mum suggested last night that why don't I get a newer A3 instead.....I quickly replied with laughter and explained how that would cost even more monies again :p

An A3? - noooooooooooooooooooo!

still nice cars - but not same league as A4.
as A4 not same league as A6 etc etc

if u happy with smaller Audi then why not an A1?
get a brand new one or nearly new for your budget!

talking abt value for bucks - might as well push boat out a little and get new Kia Pro'ceed with mind blowing 7year warranty and
Bullet-proof jap like reliability!

yea... well I was going to have my sisters old a3 2.0tdi lump. took it for a test drive before she traded it in. was a nice drive and enjoyed it but I still prefered the A4 for size (stick more bits in the back...and the shape...always prefered a saloon to hatch). so yea A1 would be booming but it's about the same size... if not maybe smaller than my current car so would rather not :p

well that's the thing.... I've got (indefinitly borrowed from parents....lol) a 56 plate kia rio 1.5crdi.... and we've never had any problems with it so far! neighbours have just got a brand new cree'd and looks nice. that warranty is mad though! shows they build them simply to last xD

but I don't want bang for buck.... well I do..... but in audi A4 form xD had also looked at the A6 but again.... it's that much bigger and probably slower with the same engine...so meh.... stick with my A4 hunt :)

something will come along shortly..... IT BETTER AT LEAST!!!!!

I was looking at the awesome S8 mk 1 from 1995 onwards at one point.
been told the space and quality is several strata levels above the A6.

still - we need to live within our means on a practical level.

else we be all driving hummers like there is no 2moro - lol

damn just wrote a thing out and lost it xD

yea I've been looking at other options too, A/S3 A/S4 A/S5 A/S6 A7 A8 TT....lol found some older ones close or in budget... but then again.... gotta think.... can I also afford to tax/insurance/lessMPG to go with it... not to mention the hiked up price of parts should something go wrong with an "S" version :p

My option was to LPG it to cut costs.

But even that can't save u much if major parts go wrong.
I was told it would cost me £2000 for a refurbished gear box alone!
So that scared me away to look for something within my means :-(