help may not be able to remap ecu on my a3???????

John Spooner

Reaction score
iv got a a3 1.8T 1997 been told it may not be possible to remap the ecu as being so old, my ecu number is 06A 906 018D anyone got this in theres and be remap?? if not is there another option? thanks

full info on ecu

bosch
06a906018d
b007640417700441
26sa4918

thanks

iv got a a3 1.8T 1997 been told it may not be possible to remap the ecu as being so old, my ecu number is 06A 906 018D anyone got this in theres and be remap?? if not is there another option? thanks

full info on ecu

bosch
06a906018d
b007640417700441
26sa4918

thanks

what was said its not possible to reflash your ecu
twin chip, physical chip will be required

MPPS and a wiring mod can make some of these units flashable, but not OBD readable.

Worst case, it's just a physical chip job

can anyone advise the best thing to do? i a total newb at this and dont fully understand it all lol, what the best thing to do and possibly the person/ company that could get the work that need doing done, i do appreciate the help guys thanks

I think Rtech can sort also more bhp do a postal remap service but dont know what they are like

Mines a 1.8t 1997 and mines mapped. He just changed the chip

as said above, Rtech do this all the time, that's where I'd be going for this kind of work on an ME3.X ecu like yours.

Some companies will tell you it's not possible to map at all though, which simply means, they can't do it but they're not decent enough to tell you that others can.

well rtech are saying they dont know if they can do it and they would need the car for a couple of days!! rick is saying he can do it:thumbsup: and volkscraft down my neck of the wood are saying that it could be possible to flash it, if not then it will go on the bench and if that doesnt work an ecu swap might be possible??? what a pain in the *** lol

ok just spoken to Revo and they told me that i can replace my Bosch 06a906018d with a 06a906018r it should work and the new ecu would adapt to the car, also i would have to get my imobilizer realigned with vag-com and then it will be able to take a remap via obd"!! has anyone on here done this before???

well rtech are saying they dont know if they can do it and they would need the car for a couple of days!! rick is saying he can do it:thumbsup: and volkscraft down my neck of the wood are saying that it could be possible to flash it, if not then it will go on the bench and if that doesnt work an ecu swap might be possible??? what a pain in the *** lol

Not a problem doing your ecu at all dude, its just we was not willing to do your ecu remap via the post, you would need to book in to the workshop for a 9am session to have your car checked out and mapped on the dyno. :racer:

Nick