1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ! kind of stuck with the fitting my LCR spliter,

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 Paul, Mar 15, 2012.

1. S3 Paul

S3 Paul Well-Known Member
    Regional Rep

Oct 27, 2006
    After having this sat in my flat for months i decided to crack on with fitting it.
    I shaved all the lugs down as per most of the how to threads.
    I then trimmed the centre "legs" to aid the flat fitment of the centre section, The problem is the sides... the only option ive seen was to warm them up and bend them before trimming the sides to length, Is this done on the bumper? how easy is it to shape when warm?
    Has anybody shaved the sides to fit against the bumper? I realy wish i hadnt started this job now !
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. superkarl

superkarl MAN OF STEEL

Mar 28, 2010
    i offered up to the bumper, and chopped the length.
    Then, you need to sort of press the splitter up to your bumper and look at where to smooth and shave them down (V sharp stanley).

just keep repeating the process, constantly offering it up to the bumper. as you'l see it needs to follow the curve of the bumper just before the wheel arch. also, when you screw it to your bumper it will be forced into position.

it prob took me under 2 hours to do using the methods above. il try and dig out a picture......

cropped from some pics:
    #2 superkarl, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012