1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help just fitted my 6000k ds2 bulbs throws up fault on dash

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by dre_S3, Mar 19, 2013.

1. dre_S3

dre_S3 Member

Just got to fit my new bulbs Philips and one side is working the other does not and keeps on beeping on the dash and a bulb with an x through it shows any clues anyone or is the bulb faulty ?
  2. 666markyboy

666markyboy Active Member

Have you tried swapping them around to see if the fault then happens on the other side ??? if it does then it's a faulty bulb
  3. dre_S3

dre_S3 Member

Good idea will try it
  4. losing it.

losing it. Member

i get this rarely with my 6000k bulbs, when first fitted the passenger side bulb didnt come on, it kept showing the bulb blown warning, i just kept turning the lights on and off and it then lit up, i think the connector was not fully locked and a bit loose , it hasnt appeared since ,over a year ago
  5. dre_S3

dre_S3 Member

Well I changed it over and it's still not working looks to be a faulty bulb :(
  6. losing it.

losing it. Member

royal mail may have dropped them if you had them posted to you, my bro has been putting shock watches in his mail , and everyone was broken when they arrived at destination only, uk post, its unusual for new bulbs to be broken .
  7. dre_S3

dre_S3 Member

Well I have sent it back for a replacement so hopefully get working one soon
  8. vfr800

vfr800 Member

I got some of the 4 quid 6000 k bulbs off eBay. They keep failing to ignite, I got fed up and put my oem bulbs back in. The light is so much better on my 10 year old bulbs and they and they start first time.