1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - iPod to Aux port??

phat.sam Sep 17, 2012

1. phat.sam

phat.sam New Member

Hi All,

After doing some searching I eventually came to the decision that to get the exact answer to my query I may as well put it out there to all you pro's.

As per my sig I have an A3 8p with the Concert double din radio. I have the iPod connection in the glove box (fitted from factory). After purchasing several leads/connectors I have failed in my quest to convert the iPod connector to an aux port.

My reason to change this set up is because I would much prefer to select the track on the iPod rather than go through the rig morale of creating a playlist, adding the track, inserting it into the iPod connector, selecting the playlist and then searching through until I find the track. I also have the issue of the iPod moving and then having to open the glove box and re-inserting it.

What I really want to know is, is it possible?

When I was on the search for an Audi A3, I came across some that had an aux port in the centre arm rest; however, I can’t be sure if it had a different head unit (Chorus, Symphony)

If it is possible, does anyone know how or where to go to get this changed?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it is a repeat question

2. mike170

mike170 Member

rnseauxin - Audi Retrofit

This may help you although you not got rnse gives you an idea, as a diagram of wiring you'll need is onto of your headunit!

3. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

The Aux port was standard from facelift models onwards I think... It can be retrofitted though and should be easy as you already have a quadlock stereo...

Users NHN or Ash187 do retrofit installs...

4. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

5. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

You still have to use the playlist function with the iPod dock, you can't use the iPod itself....