Help interpreting a code please.

benjie

Reaction score
Swindon - home of the 'Magic' Roundabout.
My car's a B6 A4.

My ECON light came on on the air con panel the other day & won't go off. I scanned the car and it came up with:

00819 - High Pressure Sensor (G65)
16-10 - Signal Outside Specifications - Intermittent

My question is: Is it as easy as replacing the sensor? When a sensor or something fails, it normally says "Short to plus" or something similar. But now it says "Signal outside specification." I'm thinking that maybe, the signal is outside specification due to something else in the HVAC system not working properly (something that isn't monitored by the car), and this causes the readings of the G65 sensor to be out of range and store the fault code/prevent the air-con from working? There are no other fault codes (except for an aerial one in Nav/Radio).

Does anyone have any advice?

Its fixed to the compressor silver piping usually, cant recall where on the B6, but it screws of iirc 17mm spanner, they do go eventually, be careful not to damage the piping whilst swapping.

I've replaced a number of them & tbh its cheaper than allot of other things, fact econ light wont go out is one hint of G65 fault, I cant be 100% sure, but fault log of G65 & econ, for me replace it & see what happens.