1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help installing my sub

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by albert_01, Feb 23, 2009.

1. albert_01

albert_01 New Member

[Feb 23, 2009]
    Hi, I have a 54 plate A3 and want to install my sub. A few people have looked into it but we cant see where you feed the cables thru from the engine bay into the dash etc. as there are no obvious gromits or anything to run them thru i signed up on here to ask you guys??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. ScottSummerhayes

ScottSummerhayes Member

[Mar 31, 2009]
    I have a similar problem on a 2001 A3, i just cant get the power in!!!
  4. alijames

alijames Active Member

[Mar 31, 2009]
    Scott,

Getting the power into an 8L is relatively easy. There is a spare grommet under the plastic flap on the passenger side between the windscrenn and the suspension mount. Comes out behind the glovebox

[​IMG]

Albert. There may be something similar on an 8P, but as I have not got one, can't help I'm afraid.

Cheers,
  5. ROLTYA3TURBO

ROLTYA3TURBO essex boy :)

[May 14, 2009]
    i put my power cable through the grommet about half way down the bulhead on the passengers side(look at the bulkhead slightly to the left of the airbox and look down)it's a bit fiddly but it's a hole you can use, there is already a cable runnin through and you can easily push the other wire through which comes out behind the passenger side carpets.