Help identifying correct lead for aftermarket head unit for my TT

Mr pee

Reaction score
Hi guys joined recently I can't believe some of the knowledge you guys on hear have hope you can help
I have a 2006 TT early Mk2 and I am replacing the Head unit with a Pioneer Appradio 2, bought it from Hallfrauds for a snip at £199.99 but they didn't have much of a clue as to the harness/ lead that connects the two, I searched the web and emailed various companies and was getting all sorts of different codes for the lead I needed mainly connect 2 manufacture, obviously they can't all be right so decided to buy local so if it was wrong I can take it back and they will have to sort it.
Found a really helpful motorist shop near me he took my existing head unit out to look at the back of the Quadlock wasn't sure which one to order so rang his supplier ordered it in explained I would have to plug the front and rear speaker plugs into the back of my pioneer unit just plugged it all in just loosely to make sure it was the correct harness and it doesn't work the part number on the harness is Celsus ISO Lead AIS2265 hear is a picture of the back of my Quadlock and the Celsus lead
ImageImage

That is the correct adapter, you just haven't connected it up correctly
The RCA's connect to the corresponding front and rear RCA's on the Pioneer
The blue flying lead on the adapter connects to the power antenna or remote on feed from the Pioneer
And lastly you need to provide a second switched live feed to the Pioneer as there is only a single permanent live on the Audi loom. I'm presuming that's the long red wire in the pic. This needs to connect back to the fusebox for an ignition on feed or you can just pair it with the permanent live already on the Audi loom but then you would need to turn the HU on/off manually. I seem to remember the AppRadio stupidly has no on/off option so you'd need to wire it back to the fusebox.

That is the correct adapter, you just haven't connected it up correctly
The RCA's connect to the corresponding front and rear RCA's on the Pioneer
The blue flying lead on the adapter connects to the power antenna or remote on feed from the Pioneer
And lastly you need to provide a second switched live feed to the Pioneer as there is only a single permanent live on the Audi loom. I'm presuming that's the long red wire in the pic. This needs to connect back to the fusebox for an ignition on feed or you can just pair it with the permanent live already on the Audi loom but then you would need to turn the HU on/off manually. I seem to remember the AppRadio stupidly has no on/off option so you'd need to wire it back to the fusebox.

Hi Andy
thats a relief it's the conect adapter, I know I have to connect the long red wire to a live, I was hopping to connect it via a relay under the steering column as you posted on hear, I found it whilst doing a search before I asked my question, is this possable to do with the Appradio2?
When I say I conected it up and it did not power up the long red wire I connected it to the blue flying wire for the anenna I kind assumed that would give me live just to see if it powered up to make sure it was the right adapter, when it didn't work I looked at my oringernal quadlock and there are only six pins in the block but the adapter has only three and the bottom right pin on the adapter is black so I am assuming ground but the corosponding pin on the cars quadlock has a fatish brown wire which gave me some dout is this still right, and finally the orange wire which I need to conect to dim the backlights where would be easiest for to to splice in

Brown is earth in an Audi, so that is correct.
If the HU isn't getting both 12v feeds then it can't turn on so it can't give you 12v on the power antenna feed, which means it can't turn on - catch 22. Just connect it to an ignition live and it'll work

Brown is earth in an Audi, so that is correct.
If the HU isn't getting both 12v feeds then it can't turn on so it can't give you 12v on the power antenna feed, which means it can't turn on - catch 22. Just connect it to an ignition live and it'll work

Thanks Andy once again lol
brown is earth? Pesky Germans, I can see you point about the blue flying wire not beeing live without both live feeds nice one mate cheers Paul

Bought my relay for key operation on head unit just want clarification on what's what,
Pin No30 self exspianirty feed from spare 12v supply via inline fuse
Pin No85 earth does this need to come from the headunit or is anywhere on chassis OK?
Pin No87 where it say auxiliary lamps presumably to the headunit?
Pin No 86 where it says supply from ignition or lighting switch I assume is to where you splice into the thin red wire below the steering Column

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 147
Out of interest why are you using a really?

Because the thin red wire under the steering column that picks up the key operation apparently has low voltage so that when you insert your key it opens the relay allowing the 12v to go to the Headunit to power it up and removal of the key will work the opposite and kill the power that's how I think it works from searching various threads on hear, but I am guessing this otherwise I wouldn't be asking my questions lol

Yes 86 is the trigger - skinny red wire under steering column
87 goes to the HU red wire (switched live)
85 is the earth - can be any earth you like

You need a relay as the feed from the igntion switch is very low current, like a remote on, and would not be man enough to power the HU

I know what the relay does I was more interest to why it was being used in this case, most people just want it to turn off with the key and the car has a load of ign feeds that you can tap off without using a relay, unless my multimeter has been telling me lies for god knows how many years.

No one wants it turn off with the key, they want it to turn off when you pull the keys out, just like the stock HU. To do this you have to use the skinny feed off the ignition switch as there aren't any on the fusebox that stay live until the keys are out.

Not saying its not a good idea however in all the time I've spent in the audio trade I can remember only one person requesting it turned off when the key was pulled out and that was a in a vw t5. Really I don't want to get into a argument about it I respect you've gone and found a way yourself :).

Hi guys joined recently I can't believe some of the knowledge you guys on hear have hope you can help
I have a 2006 TT early Mk2 and I am replacing the Head unit with a Pioneer Appradio 2, bought it from Hallfrauds for a snip at £199.99 but they didn't have much of a clue as to the harness/ lead that connects the two, I searched the web and emailed various companies and was getting all sorts of different codes for the lead I needed mainly connect 2 manufacture, obviously they can't all be right so decided to buy local so if it was wrong I can take it back and they will have to sort it.
Found a really helpful motorist shop near me he took my existing head unit out to look at the back of the Quadlock wasn't sure which one to order so rang his supplier ordered it in explained I would have to plug the front and rear speaker plugs into the back of my pioneer unit just plugged it all in just loosely to make sure it was the correct harness and it doesn't work the part number on the harness is Celsus ISO Lead AIS2265 hear is a picture of the back of my Quadlock and the Celsus lead
View attachment 14103View attachment 14104
Hello, I am a new member, having the same issue, same car but 2009 auto, also with a pioneer, the ISO connector on mine is different (see image), did you get this resolved, is there any advice you could give me please? I ordered 2 ISO harnesses from different places, the description stated it would fit my car but the wires are in completely different positions.

Attachments

• ISO.jpg
    ISO.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 74