Help. I have a 2wd quattro

Moffat

Reaction score
Recently, occasionally, my car has flashed the esp light on a few times, but it's never registered a fault when checked later on.
Then the other day, when I first started the car, it beeped and came up on the display with ESP fault. I turned the ignition off and on again, and it was okay afterwards.
Tonight when getting in the car from work, it did it again, but I drove with the esp light on the dash. When pulling away at a junction, the front wheels spun. I tried it again a few times, and I don't think I'm getting any drive to the rear.
I took it to a friend to put it on vag com, and it's come with 3 faults, then when cleared, one fault is still there.
What's peoples ideas on this?

Obvious question

What was the remaining fault ?

Reactions: Sayam
Sorry, pics won't upload.
First faults:

00003 - control module
014 - defective - intermittent

02248 - valve for controlling clutch operating angle (n373)
014 - defective - intermittent

00448 - haldex clutch pump (v181)
014 - defective.

The one that returned:

00448 - haldex clutch pump (v181)
014 - defective

I have the same issue at the moment. Have had a quote to get it fixed: £370 inc VAT and labour. The part is just shy of £230 inc VAT if you want to get it from Audi direct. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Moffat
Turns out a friend has a rear diff with haldex, spare from when his broke a couple of years ago. I can try both the pump and controller from that.
Watch this space.

How did you get on? Mine is throwing up the same faults but need to know which to replace. The controller or the pump?

I had the same issue same codes everything, I got the car on a ramp and had a look I unplugged the haldex controller and pump check all the connections and I had a bit of corrosion on them, cleaned them all up and connected again cleared the codes and all was good back too awd

It seems to be a very common issue! i've seen loads and loads of threads about this and also had this problem ages ago

Alex and i were chatting about how it may effect the rear diff if its not been used for a while due to the faulty pump. Anyone had any experience of this?

Update - all fixed with a replacement haldex clutch pump

I never got round to changing anything on mine, as it hasn't done it again yet.