1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I cant see!

Rob W8 Dec 18, 2004

1. Rob W8

Rob W8 Member

My headlights are rubbish! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I had a bulb go the other day and changed both for new bulbs from halfords. They are the brilliant white ones. At night on the motorway I can not tell they are even on. I get a bit of light on a country lane but am a bit concerned. The battery is fine and the lights are clean. Does anyone else have a similar problem. It is a 2001 with the 1 piece headlights. I spoke to the dealer and he said halfords bulbs are rubbish! Thinke he wanted me to buy them from him for more money I think

what bulbs do people use? Any suggestions?

Rob

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I think most headlights are rubbish when the roads a bit damp, even my xenons don't look like they are on sometimes.

3. Jonc

Jonc Member

Any thing above 55watts is not road legal. Also 80-100watt bulbs will put a lot strain on the wiring loom. Not sure how resilient Audi wiring is, but I've heard fires can be started in the engine bay due to melted wires. Just a warning.......

I have Osram silver stars and are pretty good nearly as bright as the xenons on my previous car. Got them from www.powerbulbs.com.