Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I've taken the chrome off the front grill with the thought of cleaning it or possibly painting it.
But now I can't make my mind up between chrome, satin black, gloss black or body coloured.

To try and help me make my mind up I'm putting it to the masses and asking for help in what to do and to post up any example images of B5s with different colour chrome.

Front of my car with chrome and grill

Front of my car with no chrome or grill

DSCF0923.jpg

mine with matt black.

I prefer black outer ring, and leave the rings chrome. Just me like. Im going to be doing this to mine at the weekend.

I got some black satin paint to do exactly the above tomorrow. Ill post a picture once its on to see what its like.

how easy is it to take out the rings before spraying and is it worth taking out the lower grilles aswell

how easy is it to take out the rings before spraying and is it worth taking out the lower grilles aswell
The rings are just clipped in. bit of fiddeling and they pop out.

Lower grilles?
the ones in the pumper?
I left mine in, i'm only interested in the chrome bits.

I painted the grill black and never liked it.
I striped the paint off and went back to chrome.
The chrome matches the colour better i think.

Thanks for the pics and info.

Looking at the pic with no grille looks better colour wise. So maybe a satin black would be a better looking one to go for.
There is a pic of the car I am getting next week in my thread about what to do about this. That's black and no emblem and looks ok to me :)

I was looking at foxys car and decided (bout 8 months back) to spray the outer border aluminum. Did this to the rings too. Same colour as the alloys so it matches nicely. Gets rid of the chrome too (yes it is evil). Had an rs4 rep grill (now sold to the dude that recently sprayed his car all white)that was all black and I think it looked too bland.