HELP HELP HELP

Ballcrusher

NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW
Reaction score
Website
www.incar-forum.com
ok people i need to know how to remove the hazard warning switch.ive got a audi S3 september 2000 model and it dosent have the satnav screen.

from reading another thread in the A3 section , Im sure someone mentioned that you have to remove the stereo and the surround to get the switch out

Simon

Ballcrusher said:
ok people i need to know how to remove the hazard warning switch.ive got a audi S3 september 2000 model and it dosent have the satnav screen.

Pop out one of the blanking switches next to the ESP switch, or if this does not apply to your car get a thin flat headed screwdriver and prise the switch suround off. It's only held on by 4 push fit connections, don't pull it from one side only, pop one side, then the other, and then take off.

The hazard relay switch is held in position by two hex head screws / bolts, undo those and away you go. Or is it, in my cast the wiring that ran to the back of the switch was too tight to enable me to connect the new switch before it was pushed fully in to plce, and when pushed fully into place it was impossible (unless you have fingers like ET) to connect the wiring. The wiring was routed in such a way that it was trapped by the underside of the dash, a little careful pushing with a thin but blunt (so not to damage it) the wiring was released enabling the switch to be connected before it was put in to it's 'cage'. Refix the screws / bolts, clip on the fascia, and if your as chlid like as myself your'll get a great sense of pleasure having fixed a problem yourself and saving some valuable pennies by not taking it to a stealer :)