Help for Heroes Charity Football Match

Staz

is a retronaut
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just booked my seats so I thought I'd spread the news about:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/HelpForHeroes/0,,10306,00.html

Madejski Stadium will host a celebrity charity football match on 12th November to support Help For Heroes, a charity for the UK's wounded servicemen and women.

Tickets for the game are priced just £10 adults and £5 children, and they are available now from the Madejski Stadium ticket office, either in person or by telephoning 0844 249 1871, or in the official online ticketing service.

The game will see an England team take on a Rest Of The World XI, and both squads will consist of footballers, sportsmen and stars from TV, stage and the music world.

A whole host of top class names will be confirmed in the near future, and the game is being shown live on ITV so there is national interest.

The first names revealed for the England squad include ex-Reading man Les Ferdinand as well as Chris Waddle, Des Walker, Peter Beardsley and Mark Wright. In addition Mark Ramprakash, Darren Gough, Alec Stewart, Chris Fountain, Simon Webbe and Nigel Benn will help boost a cast of national heroes, stars and champions.

Lining up alongside the stars will be current servicemen from the Army, Navy and RAF who have been selected to play for their country as representatives of the armed forces.

The Rest Of The World team is a closely-guarded list, however players like Lothar Matthaus, Ian Rush, Thomas Brolin, Franco Baresi, Toto Schillachi and Gary McAllister are expected to line up, with Boris Becker, Eddie Irvine, Rod Stewart and a host of other top stars also in the mix.