help fixing driver electric window.....pics included...

walder

stuck behind a tractor...
Reaction score
as the titles describes , my driver window has gone kaput !!!

I have had the door card off and the motor is working fine but it appears to be the cable that runs into the white reel on behind the motor has snapped off and you can see (attached pictures)both the cable and wire below it.

Anyone know how hard easy what is needed to get this back together and pref not removing the subframe of the door would be good lol !!

cheers walder

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

This happened to me a few months back. Is yours an S3 or an A3, mines an S3 and I tried finding a new cable but no one seems to do them. If yours is an A3 then you can get a new cable on ebay for £15, for some reason they are a different size to the S3's which is really annoying for me. The only option if you have an S3 is to buy a new regulator which is about £70. Unfortunately you will have to remove the door subrame either way, but it's not as difficult as you may think. It's just a question of disconnecting the mirrror wiring plug and undoing 4 torx bolts. You may also want to remove the glass first.

cheers lemon !!!

its the 1.8t a3 sadly a few ponies off an S3 !! im flat out with work at the minute how long would it take to get the subframe off and new cable ran etc say someone that has no experience in doing this, this way gives me the max no. of hours to get it done..

also does anyone know what steps are involved in replacing the cable?

i have the cable orderd any one give me a rough guide as how to fit the new cable....???

cheers

Hi there, i was just wondering where you got your cable from as my car has just done the exact same thing!...

got it off ebay just search a3 electric window cable seemed to do the trick for me

@martin g cheers buddy !!! but just had a quick scan as i am at work ! but this guide will let me re connect a new window cable and not go thru the process of replacing the regulator ? but cheers again

not sure you can easily bud, it seems the winder itself is self contained but i could be wrong, for me it would be easiest to just replace the lot tbh

go to audi or vw. ask for a new regulator kit. about £60.

apply your old motor to the new regulator. done