1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! EPC light and TC light came on. Lost power!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Gops, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Hey guys, got a bad situation here. Currently on the m6 when the epc light and TC light come on. Car has gone into limp mode and I'm stuck! Any ideas what it could be?

Gops
  2. badger5

badger5 RIP S3dave Site Sponsor

cycle ign, unplug maf and see how it goes.
  3. 16Klappe

16Klappe Princess Slayer

Check the fuses on top of the battery box, clean the connections and check for breaks.
  4. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Thanks guys. Had to call the RAC but cycled the ign and disconnected the MAF but nothing. If I tried WOT then it would only rev to 1200rpm so it was in limp mode. The RAC guy came and I asked him to scan the car for faults in which 2 came up:

P1172
    P1544

something to do with the throttle body angle sensor signal too high. That point the RAC guy didn't know what to do? He asked where I wanted it towed but I asked if he could clean the throttle body and see if it helps. So he cleaned the AIT sensor and throttle body abit and hey presto! It worked! At this point I was freezing my ******** off so I headed off to the German market, but the car seems ok now. Feels abit nicer tbh! I'm gonna take it apart tomorrow and clean it properly for good measure!

also whilst I'm here.. Like to wish Bill @ Badger 5 a very happy birthday :)
  5. A3 T

A3 T Lord Of The Rings

I told you guys....LOL

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/174206-when-do-you-clean-your-throttle-body.html

HAPPY B DAY BILL ;)