Help egr blank plate installed an now engine management light on

TdiGeek90

Reaction score
Hey folks new here so bear with me please! I have a 07 2.0 tdi a4 b7 model, great car! Went an got it remapped yesterday, today I put a egr blank plate in it an the engine management light came on after an hour, I done some research an some people say if I take the plate out the light would turn off, I have had the blank plate out a few hours now an the light is still on, ( no loss off power or limp mode ) drives 100%, will I need diagnostic to turn it off or will it take time to go off its self? Thank for reading

The egr has to be mapped out properly when adding the blank, its normal for a light to come on as it detects a change in egr functionality, the light will only go when it is cleared with a diagnostic tool.

Thanks, I never thought of getting the egr deleted when it was getting remapped, excitement took over, a friend has his a4 at a standard 140 an put a blank plate with a small hole in it onto his an it never put a light on, why is this? Is it because it's still getting the exhaust gas recycled but just at a lower rate or....?
Did you tell remapper of egr blanking plan ?

No I never said to the remapper, never really thought about it until yesterday,

Thanks, I never thought of getting the egr deleted when it was getting remapped, excitement took over, a friend has his a4 at a standard 140 an put a blank plate with a small hole in it onto his an it never put a light on, why is this? Is it because it's still getting the exhaust gas recycled but just at a lower rate or....?
its to reduce the flow of the egr valve to fool it. some times works and some times doesnt' id just get it deleted as dont like the reducer gaskets