1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP DECAT ON A4 B7 140PD

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by TORQUE HEAD, Aug 6, 2010.

1. TORQUE HEAD

TORQUE HEAD Member

[Aug 6, 2010]
    WANT TO NOW IF A DECAT IS A GOOD IDEA ON A 2.0 TDI WAS TOLD BY ONE TUNER THAT ITS NOT, REQUIRES BACK PRESSURE TURBO WOULD OVER SPOOL:no: I DID COFIRM THAT IT WAS A 16 VALVE DIESEL, AND ANOTHER WELL KNOWN TUNER SAID IT WOULD WORK WELL A GOOD IDEA,:thumbsup:
  2. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Aug 9, 2010]
    If a petrol turbo engine is anything to go by then both are correct. If you just decat it your turbo will over spool as there is no longer the restriction in the exhaust that it is mapped for. If you decat it then have it mapped the tuner will map it for a decatted exhaust so it will not over spool.

More power safely and better fuel. Again this is all based on a petrol turbo engine so you'll have to check with maybe AMD or somewhere similar.

Hope this helps buddy?
  3. TORQUE HEAD

TORQUE HEAD Member

[Aug 10, 2010]
    THANK, FOR YOU HELP I GUESS I'LL GIVE AMD A CALL AND SOME OTHERS AND TAKE IT FROM THERE,WHAT MADE ME QUESTION IT IS I COULD NOT LOCATE A DECAT PIPE FOR THIS MODEL2.0TDI BUT LOCATED DECAT PIPE FOR THE 1.9TDI B6 MODEL WHICH APPEAR'S IDENTICAL
  4. Triple.O.G

Triple.O.G Active Member

[Aug 10, 2010]
    The 1.9 is a completely different engine so although it appears to be identical I doubt it will be however I don't know that for sure so don't take my word for it, just voicing my opinion in the hope that it helps!'