1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - coil spring.

cjhill Jun 21, 2006

1. cjhill

cjhill hmmmmm interesting.

Dear all,

My S3 has just failed its first MOT, the rear coil spring is broken. Does any one know any good upgrades ? Might as well take advantage of this 'opportunity'.

cheers.

2. Duber

Duber Member

Same happened to mine , but not at an MOT. I take it you didn't notice any difference then? Mine hardly felt any different as the break was on the last coil. I've been told Eibach are good ones at £130 a set and you can get a set that lowers by 20mm too.

3. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

I have a full set of S3 springs for sale if you want them and don't want to pay a fortune for new ones!

4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

I had Eibach Pro springs on my S3 and when I stripped the car of performance parts prior to trading it in, both rear springs at the last coil had snapped.

Eibach replaced them under warranty because they come with a 5 years gaurantee.

5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Same happened to me. I replaced mine with Eibach springs and they were great! Eibach or H&R will be fine..

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I have standard S3 springs and shocks lying in my garage, free to anyone who wants to collect!

7. SyA3Turbo

SyA3Turbo Member

My Eibach rear springs snapped. Got a brand new warrenty replacement set waiting to go on when i can be bothered.

I think its just a bad design.

8. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Iv'e got Eibachs on too...worrying though they crack/snap.

Apart from looking at them is there any tell tale signs when driving that they have gone the journey?

9. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Audi RS3

I never knew until I removed them!

10. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Oh dear!

11. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

If my eibachs springs snaps, I'm gonna get a set of H & R's, no one has complained about them!