Votes: 2 28.6%
  • N88 JFH

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

S3 Nattie

Quattro ist für sissies
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im after some help choosing a private plate for myself. My name is Nathan Howells and these are the plates I have so far.

N17 TTH - Nath
N8 HNS - Nathans
N17 TNH - Nathan H
N88 JFH - Nathan (88 for 1988 ) J.F Howells

These are the best ones that are available.

Thanks

I went for N8 HNS.

I take it these have gone:

N8 HOW
N8 TEH
N8 TES

Thanks for voting. I do actually like them plates you suggested but they are all gone.

Personal plates are a personal thing, why let a poll choose what plate you want? I would just go for one I'd plan to keep on car after car.

I like the N88 one personally, but only because I like the number '8'.

My mate Nathan has the reg N17THS with a mis placed bolt incidently, not seen him in ages though...

Well not letting the poll choose my plate, just what to see what people like best.

Ye I seen N17 THH at a event before with a bolt in between the 17 and it looked really good but not sure that is legal.

Im in between N17 TTH or N8 HNS.

Hi mate,

Dont know what the police are like around your area but it can be a nightmare if you have to space it illegaly to get it to look right. I have mine with all the numbers and letters together except the F and although it is all the correct font and no bolts interfering I have been stopped a few times and if I pass a police car going the other way I can see the looks im getting, if they didnt have somewhere else to go they would swing round and stop me. I have contemplated selling it on and looking for a four number and DF at the end plate.

Dougie

i have to say the whole idea of trying to spell a name on a number plate looks a bit chavvy council estate to me. I like the idea of "dateless" plates, so for instance...

NH 88
NH 1988
1988 NH
88 NH

etc, etc

I think they look a bit more classy.

Dont know what the police are like around your area but it can be a nightmare if you have to space it illegaly to get it to look right.

In addition spaced incorrectly it won't be read by ANPR. You may think thats a good thing, but assuming you're not a criminal it isn't as if your car ever gets stolen, second to a Tracker it's probably your best chance of getting it back.

i have to say the whole idea of trying to spell a name on a number plate looks a bit chavvy council estate to me

Says the man with a white XR2! ;)

I have to agree, hence the reason I would like to change for a dateless plate as well, obviously you have to balance up the cost against wanting a new plate and whether it is worth it or not.

Dougie

I got N8 HNS for my 21st in the end guys. I think it looks ace on the car and very happy with it.

Il upload some pics. The plate is legal so hopefully shouldnt get any unwanted attention from the police.