Help changing gear gaiter please.

ayr_audi_nut

Reaction score
Hi there folks, just bought myslef an Audi 80 2.8 v6 quattro, the gear gaiter was a bit shabby so i purchased a new one, any ideas on how to change it.

I Know how to get the gear knob off but not sure how to release the bottom bit to get the old gaiter off. Many thanks in advance.

Alz.

IIRC there is a little panel just in front of the handbrake. behind this is a screw that holds bottom bit in place. I changed mine for a leather one I made out of an old leather jacket. Looked very smart

Correct, but behind that little panel is an 8mm bolt to the left and a phillips screw to the right - it's the phillips screw which releases the gaitor holder.

Hi there folks, just bought myslef an Audi 80 2.8 v6 quattro, the gear gaiter was a bit shabby so i purchased a new one, any ideas on how to change it.

I Know how to get the gear knob off but not sure how to release the bottom bit to get the old gaiter off. Many thanks in advance.

Alz.

With regards to this would you be able to tell me how to seperate the gear knob just from the leather gaitor i have managed to get them of the car. But now cannot seperate them apart are they glued together ?

Cheers