1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Cant open the bonnet

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by kirilgit, Nov 20, 2013.

1. kirilgit

kirilgit New Member

[Nov 20, 2013]
    hello everybody!
    iam new to this forum, and iam not from USA so sorry for my english.

i have an issue with opening my bonnet, its not opening.. the cable must fallen off from its shasies inside the engine bay.

what is the way to open the bonnet when the intire cable mechanisem fail to work?

i will be very thenkfull to any guidness or help..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. S3 GAZ

S3 GAZ Member

[Nov 20, 2013]
    Have you tried opening it whilst someone else is pulling the handle inside the car
  4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 20, 2013]
    You can either break the grille, or pop the undertray off and use a long extension to get to the bolts from underneath.
  5. kirilgit

kirilgit New Member

[Nov 20, 2013]
    the handle is not responding at all, even when i pull it and someone push the bonnet down.

about the grill, i managed to take it off withput breaking it, but there is one bolt under the bonnet that is quite far and not easy to open. if i open it, i will be able to open the bonnet??
  6. boost-addict

boost-addict Member

[Nov 20, 2013]
    as you have the grill off, use a small 10mm open end wrench to remove the 3 acorn nuts holding the hood to the latch,

hoodlatch001.jpg
    or

push this latch to the right hand side of the car. (so drivers side if right hand drive, or passenger side if left hand drive)

looking from
    underneath up.

jklmc.jpg