Help can not find interface

Layerz

Reaction score
Ok bit of background, I have got vagom installed.

I am using the usb cable and got vagcom from rosstech.

I get the message when hooking it up Port status : ok, Interface not found

Not sure how to trouble shoot it as I have tried all the com options and the only ones i get anything on is com4 and usb. But still not interface

Also when are you getting this message? Is it in the options section when running test? If so have you got the cable plugged into the car and the ignition on?

No it is the one from ebay. I have followed the instructions and I am using 409-1.

All the software is installed, I have had the usb cable running under com1 and com4 both times connected to the car.

Have you checked which comm port the cable has been installed onto, one of my mates had this problem, it auto installed onto comm 8 which isnt an option on vagcom.

Yea, in the device manager it says usb - com4 but still having trouble with it seeing the car.

Is the cable from Alpha Bid?

You have plugged the cable into the car then turned the ignition on, gone into program options selected comm 4 and selected test and you are getting interface not found? Is this right?

Is the led on the cable coming on when plugged in?

Yea, the cable is from apha bid.

And yes to all your questions light comes on the lot but just no interface

you need the right driver for the cable had same problem.....if you go on Alpha bid main page you will see upload page for driver for cable

Cheers