1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help buying first Audi please.

willie Jan 1, 2007

1. willie

willie New Member

Hello,

Have decided, due to arrival of first child in July 07, that I need a decent family car and an A4 Avant 2.0tdi S line seems like the way forward.

I'm still undecided whether to buy New or not. Online it appears you can get nearly 10% off list on new cars, making some of the nearly new prices look rather uncompetitive. Will a dealer match internet prices? and/or how much will they come down on nearly news?

Problem I have with second hand is that I was after leather and not many of what I want have this option. If I buy from afar, will my local dealer help with any problems or would I have to take it back to where I got it?

Thanks for you help

2. Macduff

Macduff Member

When we bought our A4 in 2004, I used the Broadspeed price to get the dealer down. At the end of the day, Broadspeed just introduce you to a dealer anyway so the prices are not really internet prices.

I ended up saving around £4k on our 1.9TDi Sport although I don't think the savings are so good on the B7s.

Are for new/used if you really want leather there are companies out there that will retrim a car in leather and many other options can be retrofitted. Having said that, there's nothing like the feeling of a brand new car.

3. willie

willie New Member

I think you are right...a discounted new car is the one to go for. I figure if I'm keeping it for a few years I may as well get it exactly as I want it. Broadspeed has £2.5k off list...obviously that's as low as a dealer will go until more information starts to appear later in 2007 about the new model.
    Thanks