Help buying first Audi please.

willie

Reaction score
Hello,

Have decided, due to arrival of first child in July 07, that I need a decent family car and an A4 Avant 2.0tdi S line seems like the way forward.

I'm still undecided whether to buy New or not. Online it appears you can get nearly 10% off list on new cars, making some of the nearly new prices look rather uncompetitive. Will a dealer match internet prices? and/or how much will they come down on nearly news?

Problem I have with second hand is that I was after leather and not many of what I want have this option. If I buy from afar, will my local dealer help with any problems or would I have to take it back to where I got it?

Thanks for you help

When we bought our A4 in 2004, I used the Broadspeed price to get the dealer down. At the end of the day, Broadspeed just introduce you to a dealer anyway so the prices are not really internet prices.

I ended up saving around £4k on our 1.9TDi Sport although I don't think the savings are so good on the B7s.

Are for new/used if you really want leather there are companies out there that will retrim a car in leather and many other options can be retrofitted. Having said that, there's nothing like the feeling of a brand new car.

I think you are right...a discounted new car is the one to go for. I figure if I'm keeping it for a few years I may as well get it exactly as I want it. Broadspeed has £2.5k off list...obviously that's as low as a dealer will go until more information starts to appear later in 2007 about the new model.
Thanks