Help, Brake problems!!!! A3 TDi

Reaction score
Hi recenlty blown my turbo and pulled it to my mechanic's garage without the engine running. Press the foot pedal a couple of time when pulling. But since then I've started it to move it into the garage and the brake pedal is hard like when the engine is off!
Can anyone help, as the brakes were fine when the turbo blew, is it linked to the turbo probs or something to do with when I was pulling the car???

Not directly, needed a service and got re mapped first my cars done over 120,000 and wasnt really looked after before me, my sister company car. So kinda my fault!! Also the flywheel and clutch were noisy which wouldn't of helped!!!! How much did you pay for the mirrors?

Sounds like a vaccum pipe is off. I'd look in the engine bay at the brake servo & follow the vaccum pipe from it & see if its disconnected or split.

well thats good to know as i was looking at getting it done, iv got a full service and under 50,000 miles. the mirrors were on the car when i bought it.

Nah when you start the car the pedal will go soft again, dont worry yourself, just get turbo changed then you'll see.

You started it with a blown turbo, assuming you checked the engine for oil beforehand to make sure it had some.

Have you scanned the car for any errors?

I know 100% that when I pressed the pedal when ignition is of it goes hard, then when start the car the pedal takes a few secs to go soft again, did you wait for a short period.

Towing shouldnt affect the brakes as long as it had the handbrake of, but handbrake only affects the rear & thats done via cable not via the abs controller as such, so cant see any links to that at all, its probably minor & due to non use, fix the turbo then look at the brakes, no point worrying about them until the car can actually move on its own, so you can at least test them properly is there.