Help, Blown N75h?

J Eyo

Polo GTI (6) R
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, driving along yesterday evening, under full boost, something went pop and whoosh! then no boost. So got home, checked my pipes, all good, nothing looking any different, soooo only thing I can think of is n75 valve? The idle is completely fine.

Reset the ecu, didn't do a thing, the turbo will just not spool, i think its on actuator boost, so getting like....5psi?

I need to test it I know, shout out, I'm in melbourne anyone that can help me?? Any other ideas?

Turbo still sounds completely healthy under the tiny amount of boost it is making.

I havent checked for codes yet (VCDS lite) but will do first thing in the morning, but until then any ideas??

When i had a pipe pop off it would accelerate normal until about 2.5k rpm then struggle. Ive also had a dodgy N75 running at 5psi boost and the car still moves quite nicely at 5psi. Just feels a little weaker but can still get upto speed quite easy.

last time I had boost pipe issues my idle went crazy due to the unmetered air between the MAF and MAP, wouldn't I experience something similar if it were a boost pipe again? Just vcds' the thing, too high a pressure reading, too high an air flow reading are new ones, I think the n75H may have put it into a limp mode I can't get out of with a simple battery disconnect reset? Also the larger FMIC, much larger volume of space to pressurise, could be causing a problem?

I dunno, one of the small pipes off the metal pipe that runs across the engine popped off of mine and all the happened is no boost. Apart from that it drove and idled normal.

Hmm sooooo, VCDS, cleared everything out, took it for a hard spin, no codes coming up but NO TURBO! :( Have I killed my turbo??

Log block 115 in VCDS to see boost request vs actual... also block 118 to see N75 duty

What values have you got in block 032?

<tuffty/>

vcds - engine - output tests, check if n75 clicks on/off/on/off and if you can blow thru its inlet and if it diverts from actuator outlet to tip outlet

Reactions: <tuffty/>