Help: Aux port

Andrewmarc83

Reaction score
I've just recently bought a Audi A3 S line 2009, it has an Aux port in the centre console but i cant seem to get my MP3 player to work through it, my car has a sat nav plus system. it says the Aux port is active but i cant seem to get anything. Am i right using a standard 3.5mm jack to 3.5 mm jack? any help would be good.

If the nav was retro fitted them the aux may of not been connected as it uses a different plug

Reactions: Andrewmarc83
ok thanks, any idea how i find out if it is connected or how i connect it up?

This seems a good guide and I hope it will help me out as well BUT (and as you can see its a big but ha..) my problem is different.

My car has the phone adaptor thing in the armrest and ive been told this links to the aux? Does it, just looking for some help before roping the car to bits ha...

Hope it's okay to jump in on this thread op, keep all the info together. Thanks

Well that answers that then, and yes, phone cradle. Car came with basic nav and now has rns-e in and aux says active on the list, thoughts on this?

So the aux in can be activated with VCDS but it sounds like you don't have the socket for it. I believe if you have the right wiring loom at the back of the head unit you can retrofit. But why ? 2 x 32 GB sd cards make it redundant

So the aux in can be activated with VCDS but it sounds like you don't have the socket for it. I believe if you have the right wiring loom at the back of the head unit you can retrofit. But why ? 2 x 32 GB sd cards make it redundant

I want to use my phone and Spotify for music mate. Don't have anything to put an sd card into to transfer music onto them either. Would have preferred bluetooth but that sacrifices the cd changer ha... can't win ha...

Unit was brand new. Will give a lead a shot though, cheers

They haven't made the rns-e for a LONG time now mate
And if AUX is displayed then it's been coded at some point for it

Seeing as it's coded though, the lead will be plug and play mate

They haven't made the rns-e for a LONG time now mate
And if AUX is displayed then it's been coded at some point for it

Seeing as it's coded though, the lead will be plug and play mate
Correct. Parts from main dealer shouldn't cost much. More agro in removing the centre console and wiring it in near the ash tray than anything

I want to use my phone and Spotify for music mate. Don't have anything to put an sd card into to transfer music onto them either. Would have preferred bluetooth but that sacrifices the cd changer ha... can't win ha...

I like the idea of streaming radio via my aux cable - for example listening to the F1 coverage (in season of course) over MW is dreadful so over the bbc radio player would be useful.

Apologies for the thread high jack but I seem to have the same problem. I originally purchased the car with a symphony head unit which then upgraded to an rns-e. I have Bose too but when the rns-e unit was fitted it went in at the sacrifice of the aux cable.

Any good DAB or iPhone integration solutions recommended?

If the rns-e came out a car with aux then its displaying aux in the menu but yours probably isn't wired for it

It's a simple fix if you buy the AV plug and a aux loom

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252104557397
Hello, thanks for this. I have the aux loom already therefore do,I just need to buy the plug taking into consideration I have Bose

right, ive got all the parts to make my aux input work but im a bit cautious about which wires to remove at the back of my sat nav to put into the 32 pin plug. ive read wires 1,3 and 7 but how do i know which ones they are? and am i safe unpluging the whole socket or will it lock my stereo cos i dont think i have a code. thanks

Hello, thanks for this. I have the aux loom already therefore do,I just need to buy the plug taking into consideration I have Bose

Bose or not, doesn't effect the aux

The aux on a rns-e goes into a different location, hence the plug

Reactions: VAG_Club001
right, ive got all the parts to make my aux input work but im a bit cautious about which wires to remove at the back of my sat nav to put into the 32 pin plug. ive read wires 1,3 and 7 but how do i know which ones they are? and am i safe unpluging the whole socket or will it lock my stereo cos i dont think i have a code. thanks

Is your rns-e factory fit or have you retro fitted it ?

If it's factory fit and you don't have the aux socket in your car then there's no wire to move cause there not there

Is your rns-e factory fit or have you retro fitted it ?

If it's factory fit and you don't have the aux socket in your car then there's no wire to move cause there not there
It's retro fitted I presume, I have the aux socket in my car and have the 32 plug ready to plug in but not sure what wires to connect to it

The wires for aux will be in plug B
( usually blue )

Pin 1 "aux left" goes to pin 22 of the 32 pin plug

Pin 3 "aux gnd" goes to pin 21 of the 32 pin plug

Pin 7 "aux right" goes to pin 6 of the 32 pin plug