1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help audi wont start

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by brownie 25, Apr 28, 2010.

1. brownie 25

brownie 25 Member

hi folks

the brother and myself put a engine into my a4 2.5 tdi quattro all going well until the grand finale starting the engine it turns over fine but wont start,we tried all the obvious things bled it still no joy,now think is electric problem there is a loud buzzing like a tattoo machine coming from the injector pump and it doesnt stop even when you take out the key any ideas what it could be.

tks
  2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Is the fuel pump the original one to the car, or did it come with the engine?
  3. brownie 25

brownie 25 Member

it was the one that came with the engine,i swapped them over and got it running but its running very bad it wont rev properly and sounds like a tractor
  4. brownie 25

brownie 25 Member

a friend with a good ear reckoned that is wasn't firing on all 6 cylinders probable cause hydraulic tappets how right was he, took off both rocker covers, on one side there was 3 or 4 of them fucked and 2 of the followers had fallen off (found them) and the other side 2 of the tappets were fucked. busy weekend for me anyone ever experience any thing like this
  5. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

get some photos please of the job :icon_thumright:
  6. brownie 25

brownie 25 Member

will do, are you having problems