1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help?! Audi b7 Aluminum/chrome trims?

AudiB7Jay Mar 25, 2013

1. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Active Member Audi A4 S-line owners group Team Aruba Blue TDi saloon Manual

Hello all, I need some advice on what to use on my trims around the windows as they have cloudy patches all over them its only when you get up close that you notice it. now ive tried a few things like autosol and rubbing tin foil with water on them to no effect. any ideas? they look more like a polished aluminium to me than chrome but I could be wrong.

2. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

You're not wrong; they're not chrome but anodised aluminium.

The cloudy patches you can see are probably the result of a previous owner who didn't read the owner's manual and tried to clean them with chrome cleaner. As far as I know, there is no remedy to undo the damage.

3. AudiB7Jay

AudiB7Jay Active Member Audi A4 S-line owners group Team Aruba Blue TDi saloon Manual

Damn really not what I was wanting to hear :(, hmm suppose the only way is to replace/wrap them then :/

4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team V6 TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

Or live with them....

5. AudiB7Jay

if only my ocd would let me + there letting me down on the show n shine comps I do.

6. DALE_AVANT

DALE_AVANT Member Audi A4 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group Team Brilliant Black TDi

You could try a spot of Autoglym paint renovator on a cloth and gently rub the cloudiness away, that's what I used on my B6

7. Danny-boy

Danny-boy Member

I believe the only way to get them perfect is to replace them, at horrific cost.

Can you not just spray them with either paint or plasti-dip?

8. _G_

_G_ Active Member

WD40. Spray a bit into a microfibre and work gently. Test patch first.

9. tuffy

tuffy Member

Hello mate.
    Try some Menzena high cut polish, i used it on mine and it brought them up a treat. Its a German polish i normally use with my machine polisher but works just as well using it by hand.