1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!? alarm keeps going off for no reason?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Paul_TDi, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jun 2, 2013]
    I have a 53 plate A3 5 door quatro TDI and the alarm has this evening started going off every 5 minutes.

I have checked all doors and boot are closed properly, blown any dust from internal sensors and even tried turning off internal sensors.

At the moment I have disconnected the battery as to not disturb any one in the night.

I had a 99 prefacelift a3 which also did this but the alarm horn didn't work so idn't matTer as much, turned out to be a faulty alarm sensor on the passesnger door, on this car when I lock the car the passenger door alarm LED flashes frantically for about 20 seconds after locking.

Any ideas what to do? Last time I had a vagcom wizard diagnose the issue and he just turned off the door alarm sensors.
    Unfortunately I have just moved and have no internet so access is limited on my phine.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

[Jun 2, 2013]
    It's probably the back up battery dying in the alarm. Either buy a new alarm or the cheaper option is to change the batteries in the alarm. The thread is in the stickies but its not hard. You need a soldering iron, batteries from maplin and some wire!
  4. Paul_TDi

Paul_TDi Member

[Jun 3, 2013]
    Thanks for the info, I look into that latter when I can get internet for the laptop.

Battery was disconnected all night and reconnected a couple of hours ago, no alarms so far.......touch wood!