HELP!! Alarm driving me crazy!!!

mikeA2B

Reaction score
Website
combatdoors.com
Ive got an annoying intermittant fault with my alarm, every other day it decides to go off, when you reset it within 3-4 mins its goin off again then again then again until I unlock and put the key in the igition and leave unlocked, if I lock it after, within 3-4 mins its happening all again.
Ive tried switching off the ultra sonic and towaway sensor but it makes no difference, although I notice the window commands seem different when the fault is there but it shows no other signs.

Can anyone help, I hear that a 'convenience module' can cause this but i cant find where its located.

Could take it to a stealer but i know they'll diagnose an empty wallet!!

Cheers for lookin!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

oh, and a couple of weeks back my missus rang to say all my windows were open and the alarm was goin off but i just put that down to the keys being in my pocket...hmmm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif

got home to find the car full of leaves...and a cat

Sorry for the delay Mike, Been in Germany on a visit.
Sounds like you have a conveniance module gone down.
Under the passenger footwell carpet in a black plastic box.
Give me a bell and I'll try to help
Cheers
Chris

yes mate, i found it, its in a kind of black butty box.
ive taken it out and ordered one from vagparts, only prob is no int light, windows or central locking.

it wasnt wet though, but ive had to take drastic measures as the neighbours were about to issue an ASBO as the alarm was goin off all the time.

Thanks for letting me know ehere it was located chris, without your advice i would of never known where it is. will call you if I get stuck (again)

Mike