HELP!!! Air Con, Crunching 1st, Wierd noise from front...

18TS

Reaction score
I have a 1998 1.8T and its got a few "issues" i need to sort out, but not sure how to solve them... have some ideas but still unsure... ok - the list!

1. Sometime when I go to put it in 1st it crunches, like I was being lazy with the clutch, not sure if it's major or not, but it's ****** annoying. Could an oil change help?

2. When I pull away gently in first it judders kinda like the revs are too low, but when I pull away and give it more juice it doesn't happen? Flywheel maybe?:ermm: Or gearbox again?

3. When driving you can hear a noise from the front- sounds like its coming from the wheels. Could it be the wheel bearings? There is a its of play in the steering too, like when going round a corner and you hit a set of bumps in the road, it knocks about a bit- Power steering rack?

4. The climate control... When you turn theA/C on, the revs dip as normal, and i'm pretty sure the A/C fans turn on, but the A/C compressor clutch does not move- so doesn't turn it on, have had the Pressure switch checked and apparently it's ok, the only other thing I can think of it being is the compressor itself, is there anything else to check?

Any help appreciated!
Cheers:thumbsup: