Help, advise, tips, suggestions! Buying the right wheels!!!

Blueie

He who dears' wins!!
Reaction score
Right i have been searching :readit: high and low for the right set of wheels for my car! Iv lowerred the car on eibach sportline 50mm springs and worried well not to worried about scraping but dont want the huge hassles.

Sooooo all the different offsets etc is doing my NUT in :scared2:

What do you people suggest is the best fittment for an 18" wheel?

Would these be ok?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-audi-18-in...s_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item230867e577

Last edited:
Check out the Rimz thread at the top of the A3 page - there are pages and pages of different styles of rim for the A3

As for offset, the standard ET will be stamped on the back of your wheels - Audi recommend et45-55 so et50 is a good offset to go for.

If you get an offset above 55, you can buy spacers to lower the offset between 45-55. For example, if you bought a set of rims which were et60, you should buy 5mm or 10mm spacers to lower the offset.

With a et45, I would maybe recommend a slimmer tyre since you are lowered 50mm but it shouldn't be much of a problem.

My rims are 19x8.5 et50 with a 235/35/19 tyre so I would stay below 8.5" wide and around et50

Check out the Rimz thread at the top of the A3 page - there are pages and pages of different styles of rim for the A3

As for offset, the standard ET will be stamped on the back of your wheels - Audi recommend et45-55 so et50 is a good offset to go for.

If you get an offset above 55, you can buy spacers to lower the offset between 45-55. For example, if you bought a set of rims which were et60, you should buy 5mm or 10mm spacers to lower the offset.

With a et45, I would maybe recommend a slimmer tyre since you are lowered 50mm but it shouldn't be much of a problem.

My rims are 19x8.5 et50 with a 235/35/19 tyre so I would stay below 8.5" wide and around et50

That’s just the kind of answer im after! THANKS!! :anbet: Iv seen the wheel section and I think it’s great it was just the offset larck that confused me!

One more question to clarify things, would an offset of et35 be to low? Am I right in thinking that would make the wheel closer to the arch?

you might be pushing it a bit at et35 to be honest. I think there are some members on here with et35 but I would guess you would have rubbing issues!

I know someone with 18" ET37 wheels and he says that it rubbing just a little bit only when he has 4/5 people in the car and at big bumps. So ET35, ET37 might seem to be on the edge.

These on mine are ET45, can you imagine ET35's will stick out 10mm more than that. Not so bad on the back but look stupid on the front.

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

I quite like them wheels on yours Lee. A5 wheels? Genuine or reps?

The wheels wiki is here to put it straight :)

LMAO - whats with the snobby look!

LOL. I have the urge to use this everytime I see it but can never mind the right time to use it.

If you're starting the trend then hell wht not :fart:

Will i need spacers putting a set of S3 wheels on my TDI A3?? Asking the question hence the offset of ET56 on the wheels

Maybe a set of 5mm hubcentric spacers or go 10mm with a thinner profile tyre.

Are you talking about facelift S3 wheels? if so, noooooo! lol Prefer the pre-facelift ones!

What about BBS LM-R replica wheels? These are now available and I am slightly tempted!

91867d1257473856t-new-shoes-installed-20-bbs-lm-r-diamond-black-front5.jpg

Maybe a set of 5mm hubcentric spacers or go 10mm with a thinner profile tyre.

Are you talking about facelift S3 wheels? if so, noooooo! lol Prefer the pre-facelift ones!

What about BBS LM-R replica wheels? These are now available and I am slightly tempted!

91867d1257473856t-new-shoes-installed-20-bbs-lm-r-diamond-black-front5.jpg

Mmmmmm belers rhoders! NICE WHEELS!!!! But what kindof money we talking here lol your trying to make me spend all my beer tockens here! I give myself a budget but then again .....................
I was thinking of the pre facelift wheels, not to keen on the new ones

I quite like them wheels on yours Lee. A5 wheels? Genuine or reps?

Sorry i never picked this up, they are indeed cheapo replicas. They cost me £399 including 4 brand new tyres, center caps and delivery! I only got them because my S line wheels were all curbed and the tyres knackered so it was cheaper to buy a new package!

They were only meant as temporary but i've grown to like them.

Those LM-R wheels look great but you can guarantee that in 6 months all the laquer will have peeled off and nobody will be able to refurb them. Also the lips tend to bend very easy on them if you hit a pot hole.

Those LM-R wheels look great but you can guarantee that in 6 months all the laquer will have peeled off and nobody will be able to refurb them. Also the lips tend to bend very easy on them if you hit a pot hole.

Is that the same for the LM reps!?