1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help / Advice needed, A3 1.8T, Power blipping /slight loss of power

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Lex007, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Lex007

Lex007 New Member

[Aug 24, 2009]
    Hello,

I have an X reg A3 1.8T Sport.
    Over the last few weeks I have noticed when i stick my foot down the car will blip on the power, its not turbo lagg as this has never happened before. CAn feel the turbo put some power in then as if it ran out of steam before keeping constant power as I put foot down?!

If I keep my foot on the pedal and watch the rev counter the revs dip ever so slightly while the car power drops ever so slightly also.

It feels like the car is not getting pressure maybe and they can feel it kick back in again, its weird one and had no warning light or anything?!?!

anyone know about this or had before?!?!? :icon_thumright:
    cheers, all help galdy taken!!
    Lex
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. reptor245

reptor245 Active Member

[Aug 24, 2009]
    Get it on VAG-Com. Could be a faulty MAF or Coil Pack been put under too much load when the turbo kicks in. Vag it to make sure.
  4. simch

simch Active Member

5. Lex007

Lex007 New Member

[Aug 26, 2009]
    Cheers for that, gives me something to go investigate on, I can drive well and fast but not to savvy when comes to things under the bonet and didnt want "ohhh ahhh gonna be a grand at least" from some wideboy mechanic who could see I know nothing!
    thanks for the help chaps!
    Lex :cool: