1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help / advice - lacquer peel...!

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by A4Chad, May 5, 2013.

1. A4Chad

A4Chad Member

Hey guys,

I have been out polishing today and spotted a patch of peeling lacquer on the offside rear quarter just above the wheel arch (07 b7 a4 cabriolet). Not sure how long its been like it, I haven't noticed it before but have only had the car 5/6 months.

I don't think the Audi paint warranty covers it, so will get a local to take a look. But should I be expecting to respray the entire panel, or just cut back to the edges and cover the peeling area? Any thoughts at all?

Also, is it worth taking it into Audi do you think?
  2. Steve220

Steve220 Member

Possibly the car has had a smart repair done in the past. The entire panel will need re-lacquering if you want it done properly.
  3. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Did you buy it from Audi ?
  4. jjmurphy21187

jjmurphy21187 Tiptronic

I've noticed similar on mine... front wing has a small patch of peeling and another small spec since cleaning at the weekend. Nothing came up on the HPI check when I bought it last year. All that means is the insurance isn't involved though. Thought it might be my exuberance with the pressure washer...?

I'm waiting to find a DTM bumper and combine it with a front-end re-spray as there are a fair few stone chips @ 125k now anyway...