Help/advce regarding the purchase of OEM alloys.

ADC74

Reaction score
Basically I've got OEM 17's on my avant sport, I'm looking to upsize to an 18" wheel. Now all the wheels that I look at all look the same but have different widths & offsets :wacko:

Can someone just point me in the right direction before I waste any monies buying the wrong size alloys.
What is the correct width/offset & tyre size required when fitting to an A4/B6 avant with standard sport suspension & will I have to fit spacers ?

Was looking to buy 'S4 Avus II' wheels but they seem to be like rocking horse ***** :ermm:

Would be gratefull for any help :thumbsup:

Avus's are quite rare, although there have been a few come up on here of late. I'm not sure if cfoster is selling his?

Standard A4 ET is 43 (45 on the Avus) but it's generally accepted that you need spacers of approx. 10mm to fill the arches well, so aim for a finished ET of 35 and you won't go wrong.

A4's are designed to have 235/40 x 18 tyres, some people fit 225/40's but I'd stick to the intended size if it were me.

Contacted cfoster but he had already sold his :ermm:

So basically what your saying is with an et35 wheel I will need 10mm spacers & if I fit 43/45 I won't need spacers :shrug: