1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP: A3 with an engine problem!!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by tonyA3fsisport, Feb 23, 2010.

1. tonyA3fsisport

tonyA3fsisport New Member

[Feb 23, 2010]
    Hi everyone. My father recently bought himself an 03 FSI Sport in dolphin grey & it's an excellent car with lots of kit but just after the purchase it developed a problem - the car looses power & goes into get you home mode I think it's called.

[​IMG]

It happens at any speed, in any gear & at any time. It's been like this for two weeks now & my dad only makes short journeys. We took it to a mechanic who cleared the fault codes with the diagnostics & advised us to use super-unleaded after running down the normal stuff in the tank but it doesn't make any difference yet. Also more recently a yellow emissions light has come up on the dash! Any help would be appreciated cheers as to what to do. Thanks in advance.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 23, 2014]

3. edition

edition Active Member

[Feb 23, 2010]
    Need to take it back and get it scanned again and take note of what the fault codes are.......
  4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Feb 24, 2010]
    Yes, a notice of the codes would be helpful - could it be a coilpack? Using super plus wont cure any problems.
  5. tonyA3fsisport

[Feb 24, 2010]
    Hi thanks for your replies guys. The code is 16575 & the mechanic changed the spark plugs, air filter, added chemicals & replaced a fuel pressure sensor all for just under £200. As for the coil pack it had a new one about 300 miles ago just before buying the car. I thought super unleaded wouldn't cure it but the mechanic is just trying to stop us spending big money on the prob & we don't really won't to go to a main dealer because it could be expensive!
  6. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

[Feb 24, 2010]
  7. tonyA3fsisport

[Mar 9, 2010]
    Hi again thanks for all your help, we think we've sorted the problem. The car went to a main dealer & after they did the diagnostics they replaced the fuel pump & other things & all seems well. The Audi now revs beyond the point at which it used to loose power & we're just happy to have a normal Audi.