1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by GibsonLP, Oct 30, 2004.

1. GibsonLP

GibsonLP New Member

[Oct 30, 2004]
    Hey,
    I just noticed I never actually introduced myself... how rude... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My name is Gil and I live in Israel (am I the only Israeli around?).
    I am 24 years old and I work as a UNIX system administrator for the Israeli airforce.

I don't have any hobbies left as for some reason they all became a part of my life, but I do have those parts I like more:

Playing (guitar, bass and drums) - music is the power that moves me, I love progressive/psychedelic rock from the 60`s/70`s. I have a musicology degree from "Rimon" (A local brunch of Berklee college of music).
    Unix, Linux, opensource, and every technology term composed of 3 letters - I am a REAL geek.

As for cars - I own an A3 TDI 2L car. I am a real Diesel fun and would prefer TDI over Benzine at any time, I am simply torque-a-holic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My goal with the TDI is to improve it nearing it's limit, the only bottleneck I have now is the DSG transmission which renders most chipping too dangerous, hope a solution would emerge somehow.

2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 26, 2014]

3. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 30, 2004]
    Hi Gil, Welcome to the Forum!
  4. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

[Oct 31, 2004]
    Hi Gil,

First time owning a diesel for me, and you're right, torque is amazing... infact, the 2.0 TDi (which I have also), has the same torque as the 3.2 Quattro... happy racing!