Hello.

andrew.243

Reaction score
Hello to all.

I am Andrew, middle aged husband and father of one and a dog, hence the purchase of a one owner, full audi service history, Black, 2010 A4 2.0tdi (143) SE Avant, to replace the family VW Passat 1.9tdi 130 sport estate; which had covered 175,000 miles and had developed a serious and weekly worsening gear box whine. It had done us proud, 95,000 miles were by us in 7 years and it owed us nothing in the money stakes. I have wanted an Audi for some time and the demise of the VW has given me the opportunity.

I use a few other forums for hobbies and to maintain our trusty Landrover 300tdi defender truck cab which is the back up vehicle for escaping the snow bound forest we live in! I do not know what we would have done without it over the last four winters. It also doubles as the firewood extractor. Hands up, I do not often have much to give in the way of helpful advice, but greatly appreciate the help I receive; I fear this will be the same for this forum but will be very grateful all the same.

I trained as a mechanic when I first left school but did not stay in the industry for long. I have always bought a solid car, maintained it and driven it until it is no longer worth anymore money being lavished upon it.

I have a horrible feeling that moving from a 2002 VW to a 2010 Audi may be a problem when it comes to home servicing. Will I be stumped by the on-board computer? Advice here would be really appreciated.

A thank you in advance for any help I receive in the future.

Kind regards

Andrew

Welcome to the site Andrew.

No home servicing can be done ok, just remember the B8 doesn't have a dip stick afaik :)

If you want to clear service warnings then options are pop into dealer, ask someone local to clear/reset with vcds or buy vcds yourself.

If any oem technology upgrades are of interest, give us a shout as we supply/fit original equipment :)

Thank you for the welcome.

Yep, the dipstick through me! The only dipstick was me hovering over the engine bay looking for one!

Glad the servicing is possible as I would miss not keeping things right.

Thanks again

Andrew