1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by andrew.243, Aug 17, 2013.

1. andrew.243

andrew.243 New Member

Hello to all.

I am Andrew, middle aged husband and father of one and a dog, hence the purchase of a one owner, full audi service history, Black, 2010 A4 2.0tdi (143) SE Avant, to replace the family VW Passat 1.9tdi 130 sport estate; which had covered 175,000 miles and had developed a serious and weekly worsening gear box whine. It had done us proud, 95,000 miles were by us in 7 years and it owed us nothing in the money stakes. I have wanted an Audi for some time and the demise of the VW has given me the opportunity.

I use a few other forums for hobbies and to maintain our trusty Landrover 300tdi defender truck cab which is the back up vehicle for escaping the snow bound forest we live in! I do not know what we would have done without it over the last four winters. It also doubles as the firewood extractor. Hands up, I do not often have much to give in the way of helpful advice, but greatly appreciate the help I receive; I fear this will be the same for this forum but will be very grateful all the same.

I trained as a mechanic when I first left school but did not stay in the industry for long. I have always bought a solid car, maintained it and driven it until it is no longer worth anymore money being lavished upon it.

I have a horrible feeling that moving from a 2002 VW to a 2010 Audi may be a problem when it comes to home servicing. Will I be stumped by the on-board computer? Advice here would be really appreciated.

A thank you in advance for any help I receive in the future.

Kind regards

Andrew
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Welcome to the site Andrew.

No home servicing can be done ok, just remember the B8 doesn't have a dip stick afaik :)

If you want to clear service warnings then options are pop into dealer, ask someone local to clear/reset with vcds or buy vcds yourself.

If any oem technology upgrades are of interest, give us a shout as we supply/fit original equipment :)
  3. andrew.243

andrew.243 New Member

Thank you for the welcome.

Yep, the dipstick through me! The only dipstick was me hovering over the engine bay looking for one!

Glad the servicing is possible as I would miss not keeping things right.

Thanks again

Andrew
  4. ukphillad

ukphillad Member

Welcome to the forum Andrew. You will find great help here :blackrs4: