1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. alexjonas

alexjonas New Member

hi, i've been looking around here for a couple of weeks trying to find little bits and pieces of info to help me hopefully buy a decent a3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i'm looking at getting a 1.8t quattro and i've got about £7K ish to spend. will this be enough?

seen there are a few high milers about which makes me wonder how long will the engine last if looked after?

are there any major things to look out for?

cheers

jonas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Hi there, and Welcome to the Forum! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Good luck with your search aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

3. rojocho

rojocho Member

i've got a 100k+ 1.8t and touch wood have no problems with the engine. got a fsh, does not use a drop of oil between services and goes like a dream most of the time.

would expect to change the maf, ( air flow meter i've done so three times in the last year) but great fun and a good engine. just make sure it's been well serviced, fully not just oil changes.