1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello to all...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by UpTheIron, Jun 30, 2005.

1. UpTheIron

UpTheIron New Member

Typical behaviour, post a problem before saying hi... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

anyways, been looking for an audi s3 for a while now, and have just purchased myself a 2002 imported s3 from an audi dealership..

Past cars (not including my first, which was a mk1 fiesta 1.1 - which rocked!) have been .13 polo hearse -> mk2 digifant golf gti (in the fetching "tornado pink") -> Modified Corrado VR6 (why did i sell it????) -> 1.8SE Audi A4 (the sofa) -> now: Audi S3

The S3 has been superb, up til the point it decided to go into limp mode, but i guess thats what audi warranties are for.
  2. hop2407

hop2407 Active Member

Welcome Madvw....... As for Limp mode...... You'll get all the help and friendly advice you need, in here buddy..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  3. bravepilot

bravepilot Member

Welcome Madvw!!! Don't know how you can say the Fiesta Rocked?... but you're right... why oh why did you sell the corrado? Saw one in a VW lot last weekend that had a great sign stuck on the front saying Fire Hazard! I hope that is nothing to do with it?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

Hi [​IMG]
  5. UpTheIron

UpTheIron New Member

haha, it rocked cause it was my first car, and it got me to the beach all summer - plus it used 1 set of tyres in 3 years and still had legal tread when my mum gave it away for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif(stomil was the brand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif ) and permanently had no oil. Disbeleivers may say how can a car run without oil?, but it just did....weird

as for the corrado, all vr6's (mk3 golfs inc.) that i have heard of have had fuel lines that perish, and then drip on the exhaust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

mine had a different problem tho, after 114k, 2 cylinders wore out, and the rings were shot on 3 cylinders, so i decided to sell rather than repair.