1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello REVO

Discussion in 'Revo Technik' started by riggssuzuki, Jan 16, 2012.

1. riggssuzuki

riggssuzuki Active Member

[Jan 16, 2012]
    Sorry to be a pain in the rear.....

Just a couple of quick checks before I book in for the re map.

There has been a lot of heated discussion about the A4 Dynamik. Why such a power jump from 211 to 305? Is this down to it having a K04 turbo as some suggest? Can the car take this hike in power without any mechanical issues?

A lot of people are very dubious about your claims. I would be very happy to get my car done and post a before and after dyno chart to put all of the discussions/arguments to bed.

I plan to get booked in with Duncan Sutherland in Inverness as soon as get my concerns cleared up.

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. RevoKev

RevoKev in the fast lane

[Jan 18, 2012]
    I can't see how you're being a pita, so no need to apologise!

Whilst in early development with the 2.0TSI longitudinal engined vehicles it became apparent that it was hungry for more power and could take a lot more than everyone first thought. It's a very responsive engine and loves to be run at a higher level of tune.
    Something we also saw was standard cars making more power than quoted. Stock figures on the test vehicles on an array of different dyno's were seeing high 230s.
    Revo software on the 2.0TSI has three performance modes for varying fuel quality. Pre-release testing figures were as follows:
    Perf. #1 saw peak figures in the region of 280bhp
    Perf. #2 saw peak figures in the region of 288/9bhp
    Perf. #3 saw peak figures in the region of 305/6bhp
    All in UK conditions using Vpower although mode 1 can be used on lower quality fuel and mode 3 on higher quality fuel.

As we all know peak figures are a complete waste of time. Unfortunately the vast majority of people out there still have a requirement to see peak (aka: 'pub talk') figures. In reality it's all about the power/torque under the curve and the useable power/torque, this is what Revo is all about and what we tune for.
    I personally would never quote any peak number, but the market demands tuners to do that!
  4. riggssuzuki

[Jan 19, 2012]
    Arrrgggg I keep deleting messages before i post them. So will sum up what i tried to say. Cheers for the clear explanation. Maybe you could comment on the ongoing discussion on the B8 A4 forum? What would you recommend? Should I go for the switch thingy? If it was your car what would you do? I will post results once i get it done. Any offers on as per December as I have been stuck offshore and missed it.
    Many thanks again.
  5. RevoKev

RevoKev in the fast lane

[Jan 19, 2012]
    If you're still in warranty I'd recommend getting the SPS as well, if you're almost out of warranty and tend to only use one quality of fuel then I'd not bother with the SPS... save some money!

It's not likely there'll be another offer for some time, the December offer was pretty good it's a shame you missed it.
  6. riggssuzuki

[Jan 19, 2012]
    The car is only 6 months old and 2500 miles on it. I am away so much i hardly get to drive it. But when i do wow but i still want more....always more. So what does the SPS do? Is it a switchable map for different fuel types or for different power maps?
  7. RevoKev

RevoKev in the fast lane

[Jan 19, 2012]
    The SPS lets you switch between:

Stock

Performance Mode 1 - for 95ron fuel in poor condition running
    95ron mode is a huge improvement over standard software, it is however tuned to suit lower quality fuel and is ideal to use in warmer climatic conditions.

Performance Mode 2 – for 97/98ron fuel in good conditions
    The optimum setting to use in good climatic conditions with 98ron fuel, with huge increases in both power and torque over standard and the 95ron performance mode.

Performance Mode 3 – for 99/100ron fuel in optimum conditions
    To be used when 100ron or better fuel is being run or with VPower in very good operating conditions.

The three modes are for varying fuel quality/conditions as above. I made reference to them in my post above which gives you an idea of the power difference when running the same quality of fuel.
    I hope that helps.
  8. riggssuzuki

[Jan 19, 2012]
    Do you mind if i cut and paste all the above info into the other discussion page?
  9. wolfie138

wolfie138 Active Member

[Jan 20, 2012]
    so it sounds like this benefit is for any A4 B8, it's not a case that the Dynamiks have anything different to a stock build?

i wonder why everyone else is quoting far lower increases, are they all using an inferior map?
  10. RevoKev

RevoKev in the fast lane

[Jan 20, 2012]
    We offer software for the B8 A4 2.0TSI ECU variants, whether it's a dynamik or not doesn't effect the power output.
  11. riggssuzuki

[Jan 20, 2012]
    Unfortunately the gut in Inverness cannot do the newer Audi. He would have to remove the ECU and send it direct to REVO. He does not have the correct leads. Shame. I am looking at a company in Aberdeen now though. They said not to worry about the SPS and just to run on V Power. Probably going to rolling road it to. Before and after for an extra £50 which seems very cheap..... WIll keep you posted. He did mention that 305 HP is a peak figure. :respekt:
  12. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

[Feb 8, 2012]
    On my SPS Switch Performance Mode 3 is Valet mode :s I don't have one for 99/100ron and i fill up with Tesco 99ron.
  13. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 8, 2012]
    Have you connected it to your laptop?

You can adjust the presets on the SPS by downloading Revo SPS Software (works on XP/Vista/7), then acquire settings, adjust them to what you want, set, and then disconnect and take it to your car and upload as normal!
  14. DJ-S3

DJ-S3 Member

[Feb 8, 2012]
    No i haven't connected it to my laptop yet as i don't have a cable that will go from the SPS to the laptop. Don't suppose you know what cable to use?