1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello REVO, bye bye clutch :(

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_Stewart, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Had the car just over 2 weeks and already had Koni coilovers, R32 front brakes with ECS 2 piece disks, DV, Milltek and of course REVO.

Put my foot down in fifth today and the dreaded all noise and no action syndrome set in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif ... clutch slip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, what are my options? Dubsport are telling me a Helix organic plate mated to a G60 lightened flywheel (possibly aluminium). Apparently Helix will make a plate to your specs...

Also bear in mind that i want to keep the car for at least 80k miles and will be going big turbo in the future...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

id keep the dual mass fly wheel

there is no way i could live with the clatter of a single mass lightweight item on a daily runner.

4. The problem is that you cant fit a much thicker friction plate on the DMF due to space restrictions within the bellhousing... That is one of the reasons for going to a SMF...

5. PaulRS3

PaulRS3 Well-Known Member

okay, but have you heard the clatter?

also increased vibration in the transmission..

ive done 28K miles in this S3 and there be no way id remove the dual mass.

6. GolfTTish

GolfTTish Member

Stu
    Got a G60/helix combo in mine. I get a little chatter on tickover, but I just dip the clutch and it goes away. It never ever slips, and I can dump it at 4K and it just toasts the tyres.
    You drove it with the helix in it.

7. Hiya Jon! Nice to see you on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah i remember, it sounded fine to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. ianhg

ianhg Member

jbs clutch stew, you know it makes sense

9. IanL-S3

IanL-S3 Member

ianhq - you on commission from jbs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif (only kidding mate - i know you were extremely happy with your recent trip)

10. ianhg

ianhg Member

im not trying to be biased, its just that i have seen there new clutches face to face thats all,

its IANHG by the way not hq. he he, i get that alot on uk-mkivs as well. no offence intended

11. monty77

monty77 Member

JBSs new clutches look tasty, that's where I'll be going when mine dies.

A

12. "hey stewart. are you from uk-mkivs.net"

LOL, what planet you been on m8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Course!

13. Oh BTW, im booked in at JBS on the 7th April for the 400Ilbs item, thought i'd get a Samco TIP fitted as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif