1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! Newbie with some issues!

huntface Jul 18, 2013

1. huntface

huntface New Member

Hi there,

I've had a 2000 W plate A3 1.8T Quattro for about 5 months. I bought it as a 'sensible' car as I was moving jobs and wouldn't be taking the train anymore! As much as I love it, it's anything but sensible. Goes like a stabbed rat, but drinks like Oliver Reed! Still I knew thats how nit would be, so I can't complain!

Anyway, I'm having a couple of issues.

One, is similar to one a guy was having on the 8p forum a few years ago.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...ivers-window-still-wont-work.html#post1924834

I posted on there in error not realizing! Has anyone had similar window probs, and what did it turn out to be?

The other fault I have is a weird clonk coming from the drivers footwell at low speeds. There's no real pattern to it. Sometimes its when I go over bumps, but I can go over some fairly big bumps and it not happen. Sometimes its on braking, sometimes on changing gear. When it does clonk i can feel it through the pedals.

However, it'll happy sit cruising on the motorway without making a sound.

I read on another site than it could be something to with the cam-belt service. I had the belt changed shortly after I bought it.

Any body had similar problems?