1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello my Audi is broken

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Uknowiama, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Uknowiama

Uknowiama New Member

[Jan 21, 2008]
    Just thought I'd say hello, found this site whilst trying to get more info :detective2: / help as my Audi is broken :mad: after driving over curbs of a traffic island.

Its an Audi 80 TDI. Nothing special, but does the chore of getting back and forth to work admirably. That was until I hit a traffic island on Friday night.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[Jan 21, 2008]
    Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Between yourself and repooca the new-recruits aren't having much luck this weekend.

I'm not sure what to advise regarding what's happened to your car (saw your post in the Misc. Audi forum) aside from getting it thoroughly examined and take it from there. I dare say if it needs a drive-shaft and some suspension bits you've got a reasonable chance of sourcing the bits you need from a breakers for reasonable money though; so while there's never a good time to have to pay for repairs it might not be as bad as it sounds...

All be best in getting it sorted, and again, welcome to the forum...

Rob.
  4. Uknowiama

Uknowiama New Member

[Jan 21, 2008]
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for that. Yeah I need to get it to a garage to find the problem. The only problem being that I just moved to Hereford and I dont really know of any good garages.

I took my Honda Prelude to a garage in the city centre to have an outer cv joint replaced and they broke the inner joint :!: They said that they would source me a replacement driveshaft (breakers, etc) and fit it for gratis. But I never heard back from them. I haven't exactly chased them about it (run up to Christmas and all that). But when I picked that car up they said it was alright, within 50 yds of driving it I knew something was broken, so it looks like they didn't even test drive it. So am aprehensive about using them again.

Well I've got one more night shift to go (hence the odd time for posting) and run the Mrs' to the airport tomorrow (in her car). It'll be Wednesday before I get a chance to look at it. In the meantime I'll call some garages and get it booked in somewhere and also start researching breakers.

Cheers

Pete
  5. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Jan 22, 2008]
    Hello and welcome.
  6. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

[Jan 22, 2008]
    Hello U, welcome to the forum.
  7. funkidiva

funkidiva big up and respect to all mankind, one love