1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello...Miata owner lusting for S4

pwvetter Apr 15, 2004

1. pwvetter

pwvetter New Member

Hello,

Instead of modifying my miata...I've modified my wife...so now I'm looking for a sport sedan that gives me the same handling I've come to love in my miata (with more horsepower). I would love to purchase an S4...but that will have to wait a couple of years. In the meantime I'm looking for a '98-2000 A4 2.8 quattro that I can have fun in. If there's anything I should be wary of, I'd appreciate some info. I'm not expecting immaculate, but don't want to encounter horrific. Most private sales I've seen so far have 60,000+ miles...so anything I'm planning on purchasing will not have a warranty.

Thanks,
    AustinArch

2. pwvetter

pwvetter New Member

Thanks for advice. I'm looking at a 99 1.8q avant with the sport package. Not chipped, with 80,000 miles.

3. pwvetter

pwvetter New Member

He's looking to get blue book, so between $10800-11200. Not too bad for a car with lots of potential. Assuming all works out and I purchase the car...next thing to figure out is what to do first. I'm not looking to race the car, but I do want to upgrade it to make Hill Country driving fun. Perhaps a stage 1 upgrade will work fine...chip, filter, maybe even exhaust. Do you have any opinions on chips?

Thanks